Chapter 11

***

After Duval and Tyriel's appearances, Reynos' clothing selection went well.

All the staff of the Madam's Department moved without a stitch of trouble, with an eye on wanting him to go quickly.

As a result, they obtained garments that would create a neat atmosphere without compromising the dignity of the Crown Prince.

'He's a good hanger. I think he'll look good in anything.'

"How have you been engaged to such a guy for over 10 years?"

Reynos asked as we were just getting in the carriage after satisfactory shopping.

I sat in the carriage chair and answered, picking up my skirt.

"It's a promise between families. Is there anything I can do?"

"Even so, it's amazing that you held it in. You're very patient, lady."

Although the patience of the original Ciella was great, not mine. I said, 'I know,' and passed it lightly.

Reynos, leaning against his back with his arms folded, frowned.

"I don't think Essit will let go of you, my lady."

"Well, he's the one who said he'd break up the marriage first. I recorded it, too."

Duval's main specialty was to say it in one bite.

So I always carried a recording tool and recorded one thing that could be evidence.

Thanks to this, it was well recorded that the consolation money would be given.

So my broken marriage was not a problem.

More than that,

"Your Highness, didn't you know Tyriel?"

"... Well."

A strange look came over his face, and he answered a tempo slower.

It seems that the engagement talk was exchanged without even looking at each other because of her cleansing ability, as I expected.

So rather than having an affair with me, wouldn't it be less troublesome to use Tyriel's bad behavior as an excuse to pretend the engagement never happened? It's not like I like Tyriel.

I felt that way, but I thought, well, it's not like I know what's in there. It would be well taken care of.

And there was something else that really bothered me.

I secretly bent the corners of my eyes and, in a mischievous tone, mentioned what I really wanted to ask.

"You didn't change your mind after seeing her face, did you?"

In the original story, Tyriel fell in love with Reynos at first sight.

In the original story, Tyriel fell in love with Reynos at first sight, and in Reynos' narrative, he described his first encounter with Tyriel as "His heart had never beat so much" when he first met Tyriel.

When Tyriel said she was going to get engaged to Duval, the possibility of that happening fell to zero, but from the look on Tyriel's face, she seemed to have fallen in love with Reynos at first sight.

What about Reynos then?

Reynos blinked slowly at my question. With a languid expression that made it impossible to read what he was thinking.

I asked him again, giving specific examples of action.

"Like, your heart skipped a beat because she was prettier than you thought."