Chapter 20

"..."

"Women who were your partners, write their names all the way down. Underneath, admit that you had an affair with these women. And sign it."

"What's that...!"

"For your information, the property file from earlier. Aria hasn't signed yet."

When I threatened him with the gold mine or nothing if he did not do as he was told, Nix bristled and obeyed me.

In the meantime, I cheekily asked for correction with a frown because a few people were left out.

"Why did you take Leila out? You've been dating recently."

"Lady Leila is innocent-"

"That's none of my business. I told you to write down all the women who were definitely your partners."

After hesitating for a while, Nix wrote Leila's name when I mentioned the property documents again. He also signed under it.

Such was the flimsy nature of love bound by money.

Next, I stopped to serve the divorce papers.

By the time this broken engagement was accepted, Nix would not be the Count. Will the signature still work?

Still, I decided to get it signed just in case.

'Aria and Nix, I'll get both of them and submit two.'

As such I received everything I needed.

Nix shuddered with discomfort and shame but signed all the papers as he was told, without saying a word.

Whew, the power of a gold mine is such an amazing thing.

'Unfortunately, it will soon be abandoned.'

It had been a while since I had been here when I finished signing all the last documents.

The guard, who had been watching me at the time, signaled that it was time for me to go, and I prepared to leave.

"Thanks for your help. I'll tell you one thing in return."

The look in Nix's eyes was pretty dead, as he had a murderous look while he was signing the papers.

I was a little disappointed that Aria had to see this look... but I wondered what she would do if she kept seeing someone who she didn't have any good feelings towards.

'Later, when the time comes for Aria to laugh as she remembers the divorce, I'll have to tell her not to drink too much.'

"You've got quite a lot of warranties. Some of them are working today and tomorrow."

Nix's face rotted. But it wasn't long before he laughed meanly.

"They stand in the name of Count Valentine. Aria will pay it back."

"No, you signed for it."

"What are you talking about?" Nix narrowed his brows. I narrowed my brows together.

"The property papers. You said you'd take Valentine's everything?"

"It's just wealth-"

"The wealth of a family includes not only positive but also negative. You signed to take everything except the title, the estate, and the mansion. With that hand."

I looked at Nix's hands gripping the bars.

Nix closed his eyes in a daze as if he didn't understand the situation back there.

In the meantime, when it was time for the guards to call again for me to come out, he grasped the situation and jumped on me, or more precisely, on the document bag I was holding.