Chapter 31

***

The next day, I headed with Reynos to the place where the guild members were selling chicken skewers.

Actually, I tried to go alone, but Reynos, who was to remain with my employees, looked inconvenienced and I decided to take him with me.

Only those who had declared in advance to the government office were allowed to have a sales agency in a certain area, but the area allocated to our guild was in the western part of the city.

It felt like a food alley, perhaps because similar types were bound to each other by government offices.

[Luminous]

From a distance I could see my upper name, the name of the chicken skewer restaurant, fluttering on plain white cloth.

Next to the name was a diamond, half black and half white.

Unbeknownst to the people, the writing represented the Ciel Love Manipulation group in the shadows and the Luminous Upper Section in the sunshine at the same time.

'I'm going to start a business with Luminous.'

There was a line of customers in front of the sales table. When I saw that line, I felt that I had really started something.

I'm really going to do my best. I'm going to work really hard.

I clenched my fist without telling Reynos.

Why the chicken skewer business all of a sudden?

'This is all to get Marquis Lavirins.'

A few weeks ago, shortly after I was engaged.

Letters poured in like a storm to Marquis Lavirins.

"Oh, they're back again."

Did I mention that exciting news spreads faster than anything else?

When the nobles heard the news that Duval and I had broken our marriage, they sent daily letters. Some were simple safety greetings, but half of them were more concerned with those who had been proposing to me for the position of son-in-law of Lavirins, and half were confused as to what would happen to the business that we had been running jointly with Essit.

'They're trying to weigh Essit and Lavirins.'

Instead of tying up my head, I said, 'I will reply when the head of the household comes.' It was handed over in a way like that.

I thought it was over,

"Phew."

I looked at the letter from the house idiot on my way to the academy with blurred eyes.

[I heard you broke up your engagement? Wow, congratulations.]

By the way, can you give me the position of successor? My mother will complain very much if I lose to you.

I'll be responsible for introducing you to a good man. Hm? Please.

From Gerald Lavirins, your one and only handsome and wonderful brother in this world.]

"May, put a little fire in the fireplace."

I pointed to the fireplace, which was only dusty because it was summer. May bewilderedly did as she was told and put some wood in the fireplace and lit it.

I waited until the fire was big enough to cobble the wood, and when it made a pleasant clattering sound, I threw in the letter from the house idiot.

It turned into so much black ash.