Chapter 113

If Rublet is right, Reynos is going to kill me. Rublet's tone was one of conviction.

"I saw it in my dream."

"You mean to tell me that in the Duke's dream... I killed the lady."

"I believe so."

Rublet shot back fiercely.

"Though that may depend on your relationship with Duke Absulekti."

"... hah."

Reynos mocked coldly, ruffling his hair roughly. His golden eyes sank lower than ever as he muttered through gritted teeth.

"Duke, are you in your right mind?"

"I am perfectly sane."

"Then I think you've crossed the line a bit. You're just comparing your dreams to reality."

"All you have to do is tell me what your relationship to Duke Absulekti is."

Rublet didn't back down an inch. I bit my lip at the increasingly heated confrontation.

The sharp-eyed Rublet seems to suspect that the two are the same person, but the mesmerizing power of the first Absulekti seems to have left him spinning in circles, unable to come up with an answer.

'Oh no.'

I realized that this was going to be a big fight, so I quickly stepped in between them.

"Excuse me."

Their gazes met mine. I frowned slightly, turned my back on Reynos, and pointed out Rublet's fault.

"I think you've been a little harsh on His Highness."

"..."

Rublet opened his mouth like he was about to argue, then closed it again. His gaze, which had been so steadfast during the fight with Reynos, slowly dropped to the floor.

I was expecting a rebuttal. I turned back to Rublet, who looked a bit defeated.

"Since when is Justice a family of precognitive dreamers? Your evidence is too flimsy to accuse His Highness of anything. I know you were surprised by a divine revelation, but this is grossly disrespectful and should be punished as contempt of court."

"..."

"Apologize to His Highness at once."

"..."

He bit his lip hard, not wanting to, but when I glared at him to hurry up, he reluctantly bowed his head.

"I'm sorry."

It was an apology that lacked any sincerity.

It was incredibly rude for a member of the royal family, but Reynos didn't bother to point it out. More accurately, he didn't even want to deal with Rublet.

Thinking we were done here, I turned to Reynos this time, clasped my hands together, and bowed respectfully.

"I apologize for interrupting your conversation, Your Highness, but one seemed to have gotten a little too heated and I unwittingly intervened."

"... Whew, no."

Reynos, who had been watching me with a puzzled look on his face, exhaled a long breath upward as if trying to cool off.

"You're right, I did get carried away, and yes... I went too far."

He turned to Rublet and cut him off like a knife.

"I think we're done arguing, Duke. Do you have anything else to say?"

"... No."

A grim-faced Rublet accepted the peace. It was a fragile peace, like glass on a knife's edge, ready to shatter.