Chapter 106

***

Luminous' banquet was still in progress. I couldn't help but laugh as I listened to the live updates from the Ruby Palace brought in by the guild members.

"It is said that the moment Mr. Gerald collapsed, the Emperor was greatly enraged, saying, 'What is the matter with the House of Essit!'"

"He seemed disappointed in the Queen, who was supposed to be so fond of such a family. He told her never to call on him for such a thing again and left."

Why does it always seem to be Gerald who has the most fun?

I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and my eyes watered. Oh, God, I'm going to die. I wiped my tears and said.

'I guess the Second Prince's position will be downgraded for a while.'

So the Queen and Second Prince will be even more obsessed with the sword this winter.

As the winner of last year's swordsmanship tournament was the Second Prince, they will be expecting the same this year.

'I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.'

My Reynos is such a good swordsman. I've never seen him use a sword, but the author of the book said he was good, so I'm sure he is.

'I'll have to ask him to show me later.'

With that, I dismissed my guildmates and leaned against the wall alone, sipping my wine.

With Reynos gone to speak with the wizard of the tower, there was no one to stop me, so I sipped and sipped and sipped until I had nearly finished the entire bottle.

Suddenly, a shadow fell in front of me. I looked up to see who it was and saw a young master standing in front of me, wearing a colorful mask like a peacock. I, on the other hand, was unmasked for the occasion.

"I have a message for you, Little Marquis Lavirins."

"What?"

My tongue curled involuntarily in my drunkenness.

"Are you-are you in a relationship?"

I blinked lazily at the out-of-nowhere question. I'd had my fair share of scandals in my life. Duke Absulekti, Duke Justice, the High Lord of Luminous, even His Imperial Highness, but none of them had ever gone beyond 'rumor'.

There have been official announcements from both Duke Absulekti and the High Lord of Luminous.

As a result, the current social circles were divided as to who Little Marquis Lavirins' partner would be.

When I didn't say anything, the young master spoke up again.

"If you don't have one, why don't you go out with me? I would like to formally request to date you."

"Hmph. Did you take out your ticket number?"

"What? A ticket number?"

The young master asked, confused by the unfamiliar word. I chuckled and took another sip of wine.

"Yes, m your ticket number. There are other people besides you who want to come in as a son-in-law."

'There are enough kids like you to go around, so don't make a fool of yourself and go home,' I said. And then.

"Where do I get that ticket number?"

"..."

Who is this, sounding like a puppy.

Are they naive or stupid? It was when I was blinking my eyes in wonder.

Someone with a familiar citrus scent gently hugged me from behind. Then he whispered softly to the young master, who had asked for companionship.