Chapter 25

The murderous intent Reynos breathed out was so sharp that it was as if a well-trained sword had been thrust against my neck.

It wasn't directed at me, but I could feel it, and I wondered how much Duval, the party involved, would be able to handle.

It was hard to even open his mouth, or maybe Duval clenched his teeth.

As he did so, he completely lost his impression and spoke in a tone that was still argumentative but with less vigor than when he fought me.

"You've taken someone else's fiancee, and you've got a bad face."

"Take away? Me?"

A sarcastic Reynos went right in front of Duval.

The eyes of the royal family's own arrogance looked down at Duval. Duval flinched but didn't lose and stared at Reynos.

"I don't know how you got your tail between her legs, but don't expect to make it all the way to marriage."

"Thank you for your concern, but I don't think it's your business."

"It's just a short break. She'll soon realize that I'm better than a guy like you."

"Where's the dog barking?"

"What?"

"Oh, excuse me. It was the sound of a puppy."

Duval was about to punch at any moment. Either way, Reynos was just being sarcastic.

I looked at the two of them with hazy eyes.

I felt strange. I thought they were going to fight over Tyriel. Why are you fighting over me?

Reynos, he could come off that way because he was in a contractual relationship with me, but what the hell was wrong with Duval?

A broken marriage was certainly hurtful, but that didn't make the relationship between Lavirins and Essit shallow enough to pretend right away.

The engagement between Lavirins and Duval was just an attempt to strengthen the relationship between the two families.

Just because we would become strangers did not mean that the Lavirins business, which depended on Essit, would die overnight or that Essit would not be able to borrow power from the Lavirins.

Of course, it wouldn't be as bad as before.

So, even though there was no reason for Duval to be so obsessed with me...

No way.

'He doesn't want to have me, and he doesn't want to give me to others. Is this it?'

It was the same when he ran the two houses in the original story.

When Ciella cried out who he loved more out of her and that woman, he said he loved them both.

Huh, this son of a bitch. How can he be so much like my ex who proudly claimed he could love two women at the same time?

'The answer is to get rid of the annoying things right away.'

I approached the two men who were still in confrontation.

The topic of the two's conversation had changed before I knew it, and it was apparent that Duval was avoiding Reynos' request for a duel with one excuse or another.

'You're not going to win over the imperial knight, but you're going to take it out.'

What does he mean, fight?

I went to Reynos' side and naturally put my arms around him. For a moment Reynos hardened.

What's the matter? I looked at him in wonder and then said to Duval.