Chapter 52

"... Escort."

Who would escort an escort backward instead of sideways?

Moreover, Reynos moved when he saw Rublet move.

Under the circumstances, it seemed that Rublet had followed me and he had followed him.

But instead of pointing this out, I deliberately and gently stopped him.

"Thank you. But you don't have to escort me."

"Cereal."

Reynos' eyebrows wriggled at the friendly name of Cereal.

Whether he did or not, Rublet went on in a whisper.

"Don't be so close to Duke Absulekti. You should be friends with me."

"Why me?"

"That's too much."

Rublet chuckled at the reply without a trace of worry.

It was a killer smile that would have made many a heart drop if it had not been for the thirteen-year-old external form.

"Have you fallen under fascination?"

A purple gaze touched my neck for a while without anything hanging and then fell.

"Will you take me home?"

"Oh. No."

I wasn't happy to go with someone because I was going to the guild, not going home. With that in mind, I refused, and Rublet did not say more.

"Hmm."

Although he didn't look very pleased.

Contrary to this, Reynos seemed to have a lot to say. He seemed to want to ask how I and Rublet had become so close.

However, he just contracted his brows like a person confronted with something that bothered him, and did not ask or follow me any further.

Having finally succeeded in separating the two of them, I headed straight for the guild.

And as soon as I arrived, I checked the 100x sales covenant I had written down when I signed the contract with the restaurant.

'Great. Time to start my second business, shop-in-shop, and sponsorship.'

I gave Leather the case regarding the selection of a patron. I then wrote a letter to Aria asking for help and left the guild.

If this venture takes off, my position in social circles will be solidified. Then it will be very useful for me to operate as Marquis Lavirins in the future.

It was all well and good until I arrived home with such lulule-lulule, humming a tune.

"... Tsk."

I frowned at myself at the sight of the traveling carriage standing in front of the mansion and the employees unloading their luggage from the carriage.

It was the return of Marquis Lavirins.

***

Apparently, the dragon dream I had this morning must have been a dog dream.

A heavy silence settled over the parlor. The air was so cold that it was hard to believe that we were family members who had not seen each other in months.

After sitting in the top seat, they looked at me with the look of a small, troublesome child.

Sitting next to me was my stepmother, Isabella, who was smiling with a fake smile on her face.