Chapter 81

It was impossible for the nobles, sensitive to Alice's every move and expression, not to notice.

They called out to her in wonder.

"Young lady?"

"...Is that so good?"

"... Uh-oh."

Alice, who had been distracted by the hot pack, came to her senses.

She hastily resumed her defiant expression. She puffed out her chest, stiffened her neck, and said.

"Okay, well, it's kind of nice, but that's about it. I don't know what people are so excited about."

"I see."

"Well, if you don't mind my asking, I'd like to try it once-"

"No."

Alice swatted away the hand reaching for the hot pack. She couldn't let the other nobles know that Ciella's hot packs were this good.

"As of this hour, you are forbidden to use anything with Ciella's name on it. Don't even go to Luminous' restaurant, and if you do, I'll understand that you're pretending to be with me."

A few of the nobles who had been collecting Luminous' sticker books without Alice's knowledge frowned. They all thought the same thing at the same time.

'Oh no, I thought there was a limited sticker coming out soon!'

'If I miss it, I might not be able to ask Lady Ciella to choose my brother for the Winter Sword.'

'... Let's just go. Don't I just have to make sure O don't get caught?'

But their mouths were silent, giving Alice the answer she wanted.

"Yes, of course."

"I don't know why it's so popular, the interior is ugly and the food is tasteless."

"Ho-ho-ho, it's only for families who can't afford a good chef!"

After that, Alice's group continued to badmouth Ciella, Lavirins, and Luminous. After a while, as they dug in, Alice, alone in the carriage, hummed.

"Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm."

In her hand she held the hot pack.

"I have to find out why this is so popular," she said.

She didn't want to show it off in front of the nobles, but it was a bite.

The more she rubbed it, the hotter it got, but no matter how far she went, she couldn't hold it anymore. So she put it in her pouch and fiddled with it.

'I'm going to carry it like this from now on.'

She was about to win a little favor with Ciella, who was a bit of an eyesore, for giving her something so nice.

"What's that smell?"

A strange odor wafted in from somewhere. It smelled like old dirt, like gardeners, like...

She looked around, but there was no sign of the odor, and the windows were too tightly shut to be coming from outside.

'Did they not clean the carriage properly?'

She wondered, dreading the thought of anyone riding in it. Alice vowed to punish those in charge of the carriage as soon as she arrived, which was when she arrived at Marquis Cherish's estate.

"We've arrived, miss. Dismount... Hyuk!"

The knight reaching for her escort turned his head in surprise.