Chapter 39

Absulekti was a contributor to the founding of the dukedom, a family that confined itself to the end of the northern snowfields and never moved.

Not only did they not participate in the political world, but they also did not appear even once in the latter half of the original story when the evil dragon brought the empire to the verge of overthrow.

However, none of the characters in the original story complained about this kind of Absulekti.

Even when all the members of the founding family gathered to fight, they would say, "I can't come because I'm busy, the weather is too bad, or it's too much trouble. They overlooked it for such outrageous reasons.

Fans of <My Evil Dragon Doesn't Bite> made comments like this.

-I think this is a mess. The empire looks like it's going to be ruined. Is it a big deal that the weather is bad?

-Absulekti: Let me appear, too.

- The writer doesn't like the Duke.

Then, what did the writer say?

-It is not a collapse of the setting. Absulekti has already appeared ~

The words caused confusion once among readers.

'The writer must have forgotten what they wrote', 'No. Absulekti is among the characters and they're hiding their identity.' It's a story that was entirely possible because the ability of Absulekti was fascination. Etc. etc.

Either way, now was the moment I could see the truth with my own eyes.

I don't know why he showed up in the capital differently from the original, but, well, I guess he had some business to attend to. How can it be different from the original?

'Let's see what he looks like.'

I strained both eyes to see Duke Absulekti in the carriage.

I heard he was a young and handsome man, but I was curious if he looked handsome even to me, whose eyes were much higher thanks to Reynos.

As I thought so, I checked the person in the carriage.

... Huh?

I could not believe my eyes for a moment.

Black hair similar to the night sky and blood-red eyes.

So far, I already knew this because it was a part of the original story.

But his face is... his face is...?

Duke Absulekti, who was checking something like a document in the carriage, raised his head. Perhaps he sensed that I was watching him, but my gaze collided with his.

"...!"

I don't know why, but he was surprised too, but frankly, I was more surprised. For all intents and purposes, that was Reynos, only with a different hair and eye color.

If he were to polymorph from the evil dragon form to a human, I thought, it would look just like that.

"Shall we go?"

Leather poked at me as I looked at the back of the carriage as it moved away with a silly expression.

"Y-yeah, let's go."

Twins? It was said that the only child of the Empress was Reynos.

However, it was also said that the imperial family would kill any bloodline that was not blonde-haired and golden-eyed as not being solid and clean.