Chapter 37

"Oh, look at this diamond."

"How about this sapphire on the end here!"

"Kyaa! It's so pretty!'

I like glamorous and sparkling, so I ordered a dress, trinketed and full of jewels, but when I worried that it would be tacky, the attendants fussed about how beautiful it was.

"Would you try it on? Will you?"

"Mm..."

I didn't have to try it on because it was custom-made to fit my body.

The maids went out of their way to urge me to try it on. Among them, May sounded self-promotional and powerful.

"Take this opportunity to meet other young masters! Who knows if a better match will appear?"

-Piik...

The party who tried to make such a voice, Reynos, sulked.

Too bad he couldn't clear up the misunderstanding.

Anyway, I was told to try it on like this, but it was a little too much to pretend I didn't know and cover my ears. In the end, everyone's expectations overcame my troubles.

"Then shall I try it on?"

"Yes!"

As if they had been waiting for me, a chorus of maids rushed in.

I was taken straight to the dressing room, and soon the mirror in the dressing room showed me in all my splendor.

"Kyaa! Miss! You're so beautiful!"

"If I were a man, I would have proposed to you!"

"This year's 'Summer Star' owner will be the lady! I'm sure!"

No, I don't think so.

Instead of letting that thought slip out of my mouth and ruin the mood, I smiled meekly.

If Leather and guild members had seen me, they would say that this was not their master, and it was such a perfect lady's face that they got goosebumps. Huhu.

'I'm a beauty too.'

I spun around in front of the mirror.

The dress I wore was a dark indigo dress.

Depending on how it caught the light, it could look purple in some ways and black in others.

The off-the-shoulder style upper half of the dress was made of lace and embroidered with a floral pattern. The hem of the skirt, which spread out in an A-shape, was sprinkled generously with gold and silver powder so that it shimmered as I moved.

The hem was mixed with sapphires the size of a thumbnail and ran the very height of glamour.

"I think these earrings would look great."

"How about your hair going like this?"

"I like this necklace!"

''This for the hairpiece!"

-Ppiiik...

I heard a small cry through the noise. Finally, I realized that Reynos was here.

Reynos, who was in the dressing room as a pet, was sitting by the window, frozen stiffly, and couldn't take his eyes off me.

The maids chattered mischievously when they saw his flushed cheeks.

"Piik must know that she's pretty, too."

"Is it a male?"

"Isn't he a male if he follows her well?"

"I envy it, male or female. It's trying to follow the lady wherever she is with that little body."