Chapter 50

T/N: Stop voting on chapter unless you want this story to be taken down.

"Go home safely."

"Yes, you did a great job today."

'Where should we meet next time?' I didn't add this question. I let go of Reynos' hand, which I held under escort.

As I tried to slither out of his warmth and turn away, Reynos, gritting his teeth, gripped my hand.

I was caught by Reynos.

"My lady."

When he said that much, he just stood still for a moment.

I thought that his eyes, which had always displayed a dignity befitting a member of the royal family, now seemed to be shaking dangerously as if they were about to shatter.

A cool breeze blew, heralding autumn. Swaaa- the wind-pressed lawn made the sound of rain. The tickling sound of invisible chestnut bugs tickled my eardrums.

I waited for Reynos to say something, unable to pay attention to the romantic scene.

His blood-red eyes trembled. His apricot-colored lips opened softly.

"Would you like to make it official with me?"

"Your Highness."

The expected remark gave me a big smile. I bent my eyes gently.

"Is the feeling you're feeling right now to me?"

"..."

"Isn't it an illusion because we've been together for a long time? If a better-than-meaning girl comes along and offers a contractual relationship, wouldn't you feel the same way?"

"My lady."

Reynos interrupted me calmly. His red eyes held a wave of strange anger.

"Don't say that. I had my lady in mind even before my lady suggested an affair."

"Wasn't it our first time seeing each other that day?"

That day there was the day Reynos came to me with Lilstein's rose.

Reynos denied it lightly.

"No."

The answer caused a slight crack in my head.

When in the world had he met Ciella?

Desperately trying to hide that crack, instead of asking, "When did you start liking me?" I said something else.

"People's emotions change depending on the situation."

Reynos clenched his teeth. I went on before he refuted anything.

"I don't believe in human emotions."

As a child, my world was nothing but betrayal.

A mother who left home because she didn't have any money, a father who left me in an orphanage because he couldn't stand the hardships of life.

When I said I love you, I always let go of it easily.

My peers at the orphanage, the director, and my boyfriend were all the same. They looked for me when they needed me and gradually left me because there was nothing to gain.

So when I got here, I didn't believe in people.

I kept May and Leather... and the guild members tied up with plenty of money and welfare. What I didn't tie up, I didn't have much compassion for people like Tyriel.

So I was not hurt when Tyriel told me she had an affair with Duval.

"I cannot treat Your Highness sincerely."