Chapter 79

"Sure. Buy it all, and any other gems that are cheap."

Once the Rubina crisis is over, the demand for jewelry will return to normal.

Or maybe it will spike for a while since some people sold what they had because they bought Rubina.

"Understood."

As if on cue, Leather left the room.

A few days later, he presented an enormous bill of exchange for gems.

He slightly exaggerated the amount he'd bought, enough to fill the palace.

Along with it, he brought a wizard who had single-handedly created a flaming stone.

"Pardon...? You're really going to mass produce this?"

The wizard had a dumbfounded look on his face as if he hadn't realized I'd be chosen as a backer.

I smirked.

"Not as it is, can you turn the temperature down a notch?"

"Yeah, that's easy, but what are you going to use it for?"

"Hot packs."

The wizard's jaw dropped like Leather as he realized the value of my invention.

What a waste. It must be cold out, too, and he could have been sitting on a cash cow.

But it was too late. I'd already drawn up a revenue-sharing agreement.

I said to the haggard wizard

"I'll pay you whatever you want. Just make it fast and make it a lot."

Shortly thereafter, the hot pack was released by Luminous.

***

A few days before the hot pack was released.

I paid a visit to the Imperial Palace. Ostensibly to dedicate Luminous' new product, but really to dispose of an abandoned mine that Luminous had purchased.

Once the hot pack is released, Rubina is doomed. I needed to get some things in order before then.

I bought it for Raven, so I don't mind the mine becoming a piece of trash, but it would be a waste not to turn it into money.

I have to take advantage of opportunities when they come along.

"You've come a long way, Little Marquis Lavirins."

The empress came out immediately upon hearing of my arrival.

She was known for sending nobles away to be tamed and then coming back an hour or two later.

But with me, she came right out.

The place I was shown to was one of the largest audience rooms in all of the castle, and they were serving rare teas and refreshments from other countries, rarely seen even in the estate of Lavirins.

'I guess the rumors were true.'

I clucked my tongue in my head.

'Marquis Cherish's abandoned mine to the west is not enough to supply rubina.'

Marquis Cherish was pressured to sell the mine every day. The longer he held out, the higher the price, so he was trying to see how high it would go, but he needed to sell before it was worth shit.

After taking a sip of tea, the empress spoke up.

"I hear you've been made a little marquis, congratulations."

"Thank you. I should have come to greet you first, but circumstances prevented me from doing so."

"No, I've heard that something has happened in Lavirins. I hope things stabilize quickly. Thank you for your understanding."