Chapter 44

"What's all this fuss about?"

The emperor's heavy question echoed through the quiet banquet hall. Through the nobles, one could hear the Pope and the emperor approaching.

What is this?

From this moment on, I decided to become a jellyfish for a while. I mean that I drooped all over like a real sick person.

Reynos replied instead of me, who couldn't say.

"Lady Lavirins has fallen."

"How?"

This question was asked by the Pope.

Wait, they're father and son. Doesn't the emperor recognize Reynos? It struck a nerve, but he didn't seem to notice anything special.

'That's amazing.'

I once again admire the fascination of the founding Absulekti.

Reynos, who doesn't know my thoughts, said in a dark tone.

"Something happened. If it is not rude, may I ask the Holy Father to treat my lady?"

Uh, wait.

"Of course. Don't turn a blind eye to those who are in trouble, as God has always said."

Wait, what if they notice my fake illness?

My heart beat wildly at the thought that I might be caught doing this. The Pope, who put his hand near my heart to rejuvenate with divine power, was perplexed.

"Her heart...?"

"Is there a problem?"

"I think it's running too fast..."

Startled by the sound of my heart beating funny, Reynos clutched me as hard as he could.

Ugh, breath...

As I groaned reflexively, Reynos shouted again.

"Lady! Lady!"

Even in this mess, I could feel the Holy Power of the Pope running through my body.

I was thinking about whether to open my eyes or not, but the Pope opened his mouth again.

"Her energy is distant, but she should see the Imperial Physician because I don't know what kind of abnormality she might have."

"Is the Imperial Physician still there?"

The emperor, standing near the pope, urged him on. Just then, the Imperial Physician arrived at a thud.

The eyes of the Pope may be deceived, but the eyes of the Imperial Physician cannot be deceived.

I awoke with a groan, like a person awakening from a deep sleep.

"Lady, are you awake? Hm?"

"Yes..."

"There's nothing wrong with her body. However, just in case, it would be better to separate it from the element that gave the impact."

The Imperial Physician, who examined me, made a brief remark. He meant to distance me from Tyriel.

Thank you, physician. I can finally leave this place.

I was shedding tears in my heart. As if he had been waiting for me, Reynos picked me up in a princess hug.

I tried to close my eyes as if I were not feeling well again, but Reynos looked at the emperor and said,

"I'm afraid I won't be able to attend the memorial service today."

"...!"

The emperor opened both eyes. But he could not say this or that about the sick person.