Bernadetta X Reader- Friends (Request)

Começar do início

"- Push them a little in the right direction? Get them to know each other? I see what you mean. That's what I've been trying to do for some time, but I suppose that with a little more effort and with some help from your part, we could finally get something done."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N), there's someone I'd like for you to meet," Byleth told their sister one day, as they were walking down a hallway.

"Byleth... You know I'm not big on meeting new people," Byleth's younger sister replied.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"— It's someone you know already, so I'm sure it won't be difficult for the two of you to get acquainted," Edelgard told Bernadetta.

"E-Edelgard, why do you have to do this to me?" She whined, "I really don't want to!"

"I'm sure you'll change your mind when you two will meet," Edelgard chuckled, "Perhaps, you'll even thank me."

Bernadetta looked back at her house leader, confused, "I don't understand you at all."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) and Bernadetta awkwardly stood by each other's side after being forced to stay together by Byleth and Edelgard, who were quick to leave them alone to their chatting, not without Edelgard throwing a slightly menacing glare at Bernadetta, which translated to: 'Talk to her!'

Bernadetta whined, "I can't believe they're doing this! This is so, so embarrassing!" She then awkwardly turned to (Y/N), "I-I'm so sorry... They can be a little... Argh! I don't mean to be mean or anything but-"

"It's okay... I get what you mean," (Y/N) muttered to her.

Sure, the situation was a bit embarrassing but a part of (Y/N)'s was happy to be finally alone with Bernadetta. Perhaps they could finally, truly, become friends.

Little did she know, Bernadetta was telling herself the same thing, which was slightly noticeable due to the few furtive glances she would throw at (Y/N) when her eyes were wandering somewhere else.

"H-Hum..." Bernadetta started.

"So..."

"I-I'm so-"

"Don't worry about-"

"No, but, really- because-"

"Look-"

"Hey-"

(Y/N) couldn't help but laugh- a real hearty laugh- when she realized just how bad the two of them were at starting conversations.

"Wow! We're really, really bad at this!"

Bernadetta blushed at the remark, incredibly embarrassed, "N-No! I don't know what you're talking about!" She then muttered, "It's better than the conversations I usually have..."

"Bernadetta," (Y/N) blushed as well, quite nervous herself. She gripped onto the fabric of her uniform, "Be my friend?"

Bernadetta said nothing. It was as if that mere sentence was enough to paralyze her.

"Bernadetta?"

"S-Sure... You really want to? With me? To be my friend?"

"I mean... I-If you don't want to-" (Y/N) slightly frowned, disappointed and embarrassed.

"N-No! I'd love to! You're amazing! And so, so cool! I swear!"

"... Really?"

"Y-Yeah! It's just... What do friends do, anyway?"

"What do friends do?" (Y/N) began to think it through. She didn't really know, to be fair. Bernadetta was her first official friend. This was all very new to her.

She shrugged, "Do you want to... Stay here and... talk? We could do that. I think that's something friends do."

"Okay... But only if you start!"

(Y/N) laughed, and so, the two girls began to talk, of little, insignificant things, but to talk nonetheless. Heck, they were even laughing together, which Edelgard and Byleth heard from the other side of the door.

They smiled at each other, proud of their little Bernadetta and (Y/N) for socializing.