Chapter 5 Business

After soaking the glutinous rice in brown sugar water and steaming, use a rolling pin to pound it repeatedly in a wooden basin. The sweetness of the brown sugar has been completely immersed in the glutinous rice, and the lingering fragrance wafts out.

Before dawn, Chen Rui rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned heavily. I always feel that it's so greedy to have the lead lingering in the nose. When I got to my brother's house, I found out that the fragrance came from here!

"Brother Qiao, what are you doing?"

"Cake making." He has been beating for a long time, and the stickiness of the glutinous rice has been fully stimulated. physical strength.

Chen Rui secretly swallowed.

Lin Qiao said: "There are boiled eggs in the room, you can eat one first, and help me turn the glutinous rice after eating."

Chen Ruiming had a greedy look on his face, but resisted lying casually: "I have eaten all of them, I just came here At that time, my mother also cooked eggs for me."

"Eat it, it's not bad! If you are hungry, your brother will feel bad." This is to change this method to let him eat, and to ask Chen Rui to help. He can do some work alone.

Chen Rui went to the house and came out after eating inside. With his help, the speed was a little faster.

Soon the glutinous rice was pounded into a big dumpling, which was pulled into small pieces and rolled in the soybean noodles. Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. He took one for Chen Rui to eat.

Chen Rui was hungry for a long time, so he ate it in one bite. Sweet and waxy, it is very fragrant when dipped in soybean noodles. I finished one in two bites of three. Lin Qiao took one into the house and gave it to his daughter-in-law, the best glutinous rice to support her.

Chen He was still reluctant, and said, "I'm not hungry."

"Try my craft." Lin Qiao looked at him with a smile.

Chen He took a small bite, and the delicious smell made his eyes light up. It's not easy to be full, and desserts are a luxurious delusion. He lived a good life before, but all the desserts in his memory are not as sweet as this small piece of cake. One piece was eaten quickly.

I feel a little embarrassed after eating.

Lin Qiao saw that the corner of his mouth was stained with soybean powder and wiped it off with his fingertips.

Chen He's cheeks turned redder.

Lin Qiao's mood improved for no reason.

In the early morning, people in the Lin family village woke up one after another, and those whose families were not rich had already left while the county was recruiting workers. Those who stayed in the village had surplus food. Yesterday I heard that Lin Qiao was going to start cooking. Anyway, the land is over. They come here together when they are free or idle, and join in the fun by the way.

The closer you get, the stronger the smell.

"Lin Laosan, what are you doing?" A tall and strong man came over and asked.

"Beat cake."

"How do you sell it?"

"Four cents for two taels, you can exchange it for grain, half a catty of coarse grain, and two taels of fine grain." He said.

"This half a catty of coarse grains is enough for a day, and your two pieces of rice cakes are not enough for the tooth festival." It's a bit expensive.

Lin Qiao smiled and said: "The ingredients here are all good ingredients, high-quality glutinous rice, brown sugar, and soybean noodles. I just want to be supported by the people in the village. The price is really not expensive!" "

Yeah "The brawny man said: "Okay, pack two for me." Anyway, if it doesn't taste good, it's just this time.

"The first one to open, I'll give you one more."

"Thank you very much."

I was dumbfounded when I was waiting for the package, how can I wrap it without oil paper? You can't grab two and put them in his hands, can you? Lin Qiao directly took out a porcelain bowl from the room.

"You take this to eat first, and then give me the bowl after you finish eating." He was charged four pennies.

"Okay." Three cakes were sent to the bowl, wrapped in thick soybean noodles, sprinkled with a little sugar, he was eager to eat, and he was about to stuff one into his mouth. It's sweet and delicious, and his wife will definitely like it! After finishing speaking, a girl who was holding a bowl ran outside.

"Hey, my bowl?"

"I'll bring it back to you later."

In the blink of an eye, he ran away like a rabbit.

The spectators hurriedly called to him: "Did you buy it?"

The strong man didn't reply at all.

Everyone was confused: "Why is he running?"

When we arrived at Lin Qiao, everyone came here to praise him. His wife had just given birth, so if she gave birth, she would be a bit reluctant, after all, there is usually no intersection. But after all, living in a village, it is really impossible to pretend to be deaf and blind if you look down and see those who look up. The cakes they sell are not expensive at four pennies, so just treat them as a show, and if you don't look at him, you have to look at the face of the Lin family.

They all thought so, and when they paid for it, they became extra happy.

"Give me two."

"I want two too."

When they finished eating, everyone was stunned. They didn't expect Lin Qiao to give them such a big surprise.

"Hey, bring me four more, and I'll take them back to eat!"

"Children, sprinkle more brown sugar!"

"Put the cake in soybean noodles and roll it!"

Lin Qiao smiled and said, "Is it delicious?"

"It's delicious, it's delicious, my daughter will definitely like it." My

cousin Wang came late, and people surrounded me here, everyone. It's a joy to grab it. Seeing it in amazement, she said to a fat girl next to her who was buried in eating: "How is it?"

"Sweet, but also delicious." Looks like that is really delicious. "Brown sugar-wrapped soybean noodles are absolutely amazing."

Mrs. Wang looked at the neighbor's aunt, what, brown sugar? Immediately, he rushed up like a tiger descending a mountain: "Let's go, let's go. No one else bought it yet." It was sold out in a

short while, and many people didn't expect it to be so delicious before they came.

Not much for a piece of snacks. I met the generous one who bought it for ten cents at a time, and took a plate home. Of course the plate had to be sent back. Generally, if you buy ten like this, you will get one more pawn head.

I have never been in contact with him, and now I look at it like this. He is not as silly as everyone said, and he looks quite energetic.

If he had been like this all along, surely it wouldn't be his turn for a brother from out of town to marry him?

What a pity, the people in the village lamented.

Cousin Wang said: "Are you going to sell here all day long?" "

Well, just make a pot like this, and you'll get it when it's sold out."

"Well, I'll buy it tomorrow. If there are too many, I'll replace it with eggs? "

Okay."

In the end, there were only seven left in the barrel.

"I took all these five cents." One of the women drooped her eyelids. Standing beside him in distaste, he rummaged through it, staring at it for half an hour, Lin Qiao said: "In the end, I won't sell this, I'll eat it at home."

Unexpectedly, the woman said awkwardly: "It's not for sale."

Everyone scattered after shopping, and everyone in the Lin family village seemed to have discussed it. Come with copper coins. Put it in a rough-mouthed ceramic jar, shake it, and there is already a lot of money in it.

The remaining cakes were wrapped and given to Lin Rui: "Take it back and eat it as snacks." "

This... all of this is for money?"

"Not bad."

Chen Rui remembered his mother's advice I didn't want to take it, but I really couldn't stand the temptation in my heart and took it home. Before going back, I ate a bowl of noodles here. Compared with eating wild vegetables at home, this is a day like a fairy.

...

Chen Rui went to his elder brother's house to call Qin,

and within a few days, flesh began to grow on his thin little face, and his hair changed from withered grass to bright and smooth.

Mother Meng saw it, and although she didn't say anything, she was still grateful.

The uncle is not rich, so he has to spare a portion for him to eat, and every time he asks her to come over for dinner, he always refuses to go.

"Mother, the noodles cooked by Brother Qiao are delicious." Chen Rui was just greedy for food, recalling the noodles, his mouth watered as if he couldn't hold back his mouth, so he slurped it for a while.

Mother Meng hummed coldly.

Chen Ruidao: "Brother Ming'er Qiao said, he's going to the village to cut some meat and make dumplings. Mother... white flour dumplings, our family can't eat them during Chinese New Year." "Don't go!" "Mother

...

" Chen Rui was greedy Terrible, looking at Mother Meng with pitiful eyes.

Mother Meng was unmoved. It's just that the speed of making wild vegetable dumplings is faster.

...

Lin Qiao solemnly handed over the pot of money he earned to Chen He: "This money is for you. When you can get out of bed, you can also pull a few pieces of cloth to make clothes." The corners of Chen He's mouth slightly raised: "

I Not going anywhere, making new clothes for whom to wear?" He is good-looking and fair, no matter how you look at it, it is delicious.

Lin Qiao glanced at him, and then again. Seeing Chen He's expression as usual? I felt that I was thinking too much: "I have to buy it, you have nothing to marry me, and I will take you to live a good life in the future." After saying this, a gust of cold wind blew. She shivered coldly. This dilapidated house has been around for a long time, and there is a strong wind outside and a small wind inside the house. These bold words are really...unsuitable.

The road is long.

The baby is asleep and safe.

Lin Qiao built two boards on the ground, unrolled the bedding and slept on the ground overnight. The small bed was not big, and once he went there, there was no room for his daughter-in-law. What's more, there are children.

It's fucking cold and damp on the ground.

But after a busy day, I'm sleepy now. The rough-skinned and thick-skinned man is not so particular, he closed his eyes and fell asleep in a daze.

In the middle of the night, he always felt that someone was covering him with a quilt!

When asked the next morning, Chen He was even more dazed than he was, and Lin Qiao scratched his head, probably because he was lost in sleep.

After hugging and coaxing the child for a while, the child was soft all over. The little red face is very cute. The more I look at it, the happier I am. I have never seen such a cute child. Never cried much. He yelled twice when he was hungry, and fed him milk with a spoon. Lin Qiao is now a proficient hand. After feeding, he patted the milk gap and hugged him in his arms.

After a while, Chen Rui came: "Brother Qiao, my mother said that she made delicious food at home, so she doesn't need to bring out my share. You can eat any delicious food!" Chen He wanted to say something,

but In the end, he didn't speak. The smile between his brows gradually changed to a little sad. Why don't you know that this is my mother's excuse. But there is really no way to ask Lin Qiao to support his mother and younger brother again. I don't know if it's because of having a baby, so I feel more sentimental. Secretly wipe away tears!

Lin Qiao patted him lightly for fear of him.

Only then did he stabilize his emotions.

Lin Qiaodao: "Tell your mother-in-law that the child is still young and adults need to take care of it. Come and help me." "

Well, my mother is definitely willing to do so. She resisted not coming yesterday and even talked to me several times about missing the child. "Chen Rui is now more and more willing to come to his brother's house, and so is his mother, but he doesn't say anything.

"Go."

"Okay."

Chen Rui didn't come back for a long time, Lin Qiao did all the work by himself, and before he left the stall, he saw the little black brother who had the best relationship with him in the village running over. "Brother Lin, something has happened! Your mother-in-law broke people!" This village has always been exclusive, and it is surprisingly protective of its weaknesses. Even the most miserable people can't be bullied by outsiders. up.