Chapter 1

(T/N: Please do not vote on any of the chapters in order to prevent this story's deletion.)
-
The Heroine Had an Affair With My Fiancé

Prologue

"Hey, Ciella."

"Hey."

I didn't even have time to look at Tyriel, who came into my office timidly.

It was time for my fiance to come soon. I was busy passing the documents I was looking at.

Standing by the door, Tyriel clashed both index fingers, looking at me like that.

"I have something to say..."

"I'm listening."

I wrinkled my brow, meaning to hurry up. When she still didn't answer, I reluctantly raised my eyes and looked at her.

"What is it?"

"That's..."

Tyriel was not looking at me.

All she did was stare at the floor and purse her lips like someone who was about to say something difficult to tell. I had no idea why her face was red.

I averted my eyes again to the papers I was processing. It was the "shame list" that I had collected to break up my engagement with my fiancé.

Unfortunately, the confirmations so far have not yielded any strong evidence. I believed that what remained was also much the same as this. So I've failed again.

I'm going insane. I reached for the next document.

"I have a lover."

My hands stopped moving. What?

It felt as if the blood in my body was chilling. If I looked in the mirror, I'm sure I'd be white as a sheet.

I looked at Tyriel, unaware that the papers I was holding had fallen on my desk.

It was indeed amazing to be the female protagonist. Tyriel, who was synonymous with a purity that reminded me of lilies, seemed to have a halo from the back as she held both cheeks with her face all red.

On the other hand, in contrast, I felt unspeakable misery.

The fact that the female protagonist felt love meant that the original story had begun.

Soon, the male protagonist would show up to destroy the family of my fiancé, the wicked villain.

And I, my family, will be swept away there, and together we will disappear into the dew of prison.

"I'm doomed."

In despair, I fell limp on my desk like wet cotton.

If I had known this was what was going to happen, I should have generally brought some jewelry and done what I had to do.

I figured that since I had succeeded in making friends with the female lead, I could break off my engagement with him. I persisted in trying to enjoy whatever wealth and glory I could, but was I going to die with him?

As I put the papers on my forehead and giggled like a madman, I suddenly felt an indication.

When I slowly raised my head, I saw Tyriel, who was at a loss.

The strange guilt on her face seemed to be sorry for saying this because I didn't get along well with my fiance.

It was then that I had an epiphany.

I was me, and Tyriel was Tyriel. Tyriel hadn't fallen in love on purpose to kill me, and I couldn't celebrate, but I couldn't let her feel down.

My head hurt, but I tried to sit upright. Yes, it was not too late to send Tyriel home with my depressing thoughts.