Chapter 138

THANK YOU FOR 130K!!!
================================================================================

2 months later

Bucky has taken every note Zack gave him with helping Maddie through her postpartum depression. Giving her equal times with the kids, giving her plenty of alone time during her darker days of where she spent the majority of time in bed, letting herself know it's okay to have Bucky take off with the girls while she rests.

Booking the team to do babysitting so she could do whatever she needed or just spend time with Bucky curled in on one another. Reading together, watching movies, going on date nights or early breakfasts without the kids. Anything to help her, he was up for it even if it meant he got very little sleep so he could be up with Ava during her fussy weeks.

Books upon books he read or listened to to find new ways of understanding and looking for ways he could help Maddie. Now after two months she's better, dark days still come but she knows nothing is her fault. Ava is a happy baby that has serious attachment issues with Maddie in the mornings and hooks onto her for hours before finally releasing to go to Bucky or to have tummy time next to Willow while she plays.

And right now they are choosing their cake, "Red velvet is chocolate" pointing his fork at her "No its not. It way more moist than chocolate" taking another bite of the red velvet humming its deliciousness. "Fine, close your eyes" , squinting her eyes at him "Let's see how well your palette is" taking the fork out of her hand, sticking it into the chocolate and his into the red velvet.

"You are going to get one bite of each, if you get it correct we go with the Red velvet for the cake, if you get it wrong we get the marble" giving a fake bitching stare as she closes her eyes "I better not get any of it on my face" Smirking as he scoops the Red velvet first "Open" watching her lips part then close around the fork, "Okay that was option 1...this is option 2" bring the fork of chocolate to her mouth.

Opening her eyes as she finishes chewing the chocolate "Which one was the red velvet doll?" smirking as he leans back in his chair with his arms crossed. "The second one was red velvet" shaking his head putting it down between his shoulders. Lifting his head up just as the worker comes by "So do we have a pick?"

"Ya we do" slipping his wallet out of his pocket grabbing his card handing it to the worker "Red Velvet" the worker taking the card to ring them up "I told you I knew the difference between the two" grabbing a bite full of the red velvet "Sorry I doubted your palette" placing his elbows on the table watching her happy dance in her spot.

"So the only thing that is left is my bouquet, the bridesmaid bouquets and you and the groomsmen boutonniere" relaying each thing on her fingers as she walks to the car rambling to Bucky before noticing he wasn't beside her. Turning seeing Bucky grabbing a child before he walked off the curb into traffic. "Carlos!" a woman shouts as she grabs the child from Bucky "Thank you" quickly thanking Bucky before swatting the boy on the butt "How many times have I told you to not run off you could've gotten hit!" Bucky walking back towards Maddie.

"Someone stepped into the role of dad" watching the boy get spanked "Didn't want to see a dead kid today, you were saying?" smiling up at him "Cute...okay so I was saying'' rambling back off everything she just said as she watched him get into the car then herself "So ya, that's it and everything is on time for it all." buckling up before her hair gets pulled making her look at Bucky "What?" chuckling as she looks at him.

A small smile on his face as he looks at her, her large eyes looking back at him, her white teeth shining through between her nude lipgloss the smidge of makeup she has on under her eyes to hide her dark circles. Pulling her closer to him locking their lips feeling her relax into him before pulling away "13 cake tries later and finally got to kiss you...you taste like chocolate by the way" winking at her "You could've kissed me at anytime" giggling as she sits back down in her seat, "Ya and I would've had lip gloss all over me for the rest of the time." Pulling the car out of park and heading back to the compound.