Chapter 93

Taking a deep breath trying to calm his nerves before walking in to see Maddie. Stepping inside seeing the apartment was dark and spotting Alpine silhouette laying on the window sill behind the curtains. Kicking his shoes off walking back to the bedroom seeing the door was barely open, pushing it all the way open seeing it was empty then hearing the sound of the toilet flushing. Slowly walking to the door not know how she is going to be. Angry? Sad? Happy? Confused? Depressed?

The door opens as he is only a few feet away from it, Maddie sees him looking up to his large height taking in his appearance. He had a very full beard almost hiding his soft pink lips, his hair was down to his shoulders. He looked tired, his eyes were low and he had dark circles underneath.

Looking down at her seeing her in her sweatpants and one of his large black shirts hiding her entire body. Her hair was pulled into a low ponytail keeping her hair out of her face. He could see her puffy lids and small red in the corner of her eyes. Her eyes weren't sparkling like they normal do when she looks at him.

Not even giving it another thought she walks to him reaching her arms up to hug him. Leaning over wrapping his arms around her waist lifting her up letting her arms wrap around his neck burying her face into his shoulder.

Feeling her body shake under his touch as she beginnings to cry on his shoulder. Bringing his hand up to massage her head, "I want you to be honest with me" her voice shakes as she keeps her face in his shoulder. "Always" he replies quietly "No lies"

"No lies" he repeats back. "Do you actually love me or this some sort of weird sick game of yours?" she tries to say with confidence, failing miserably with her shaky voice. "Maddie-"

"Don't mess with me please, just tell me the truth" cutting him off "Maddie, I love you. I love you so much, I don't know what he all said but I will answer all of your questions, I won't try and change your mind I will give you the full truth I will not leave anything out." Pushing herself up wiping her tears away now looking at him.

"Did you actually mean to hit me in the kitchen?" readjusting her in his arms "No, I was trying to scare you. I was trying to scare you by swinging my hand close to you, I thought Morgan was on your right not your left. So when I swung my hand I was expecting it to go right by your face and not actually hit you...and then I snapped a little when you put the blood on me."

"Why did you let me fall at the cabin"

"I thought you were going to just slump to me and then I was going to move you to the couch, but instead you fell sideways and I wasn't expecting it."

"Did you know Etan was at the restaurant" wiping the new tears that escaped. "No, I will admit I thought someone was watching but I thought it was my arm since my whole arm is out that day" hating seeing her crying right now because of the shit Steve had said to her.

Her face pinched and turning red as she open her mouth to speak "Ar-are you trying to knock me up so I miscarry" her voice shaking as she speaks not wanting to ask that question or even know the answer.

Seeing her bottom lip tremble as his face falls pulling her into him, letting her chin rest on his shoulder while his on hers.

Feeling his jaw shaking on her shoulder, "Maddie" his voice cracks can't believing she would ask such an awful question, "Please believe me when I tell you I would never ever do that to you. It hurt me so much when it happens that you have to go through the physical and mental pain alone and that I can't take that away from you so that you don't have to feel any of it" squeezing her harder keeping her flush with his body. "All I want to do is make you happy, I never in a million years want to see you sad or upset like this" hearing her sniffle in his shoulder.