Chapter 50

This is going to be short

================================================================================

MARCH 4, 2022

Bucky has been glued to Maddie side not letting her have her own space since she has gotten back, "Can I shit in peace" she asks sitting on the toilet while Bucky sits in her vanity chair looking at her "No" tossing her head into her hands "Please" she begs, huffing a sigh standing up checking to see if her window to the bathroom is locked then walking out of the bathroom laying on her bed waiting for her. 

Walking out of the bathroom grabbing her outfit of the day, she pulled on a pair of tights laying a mid thigh sweater dress in shade of caramel pairing it with a pair of nude booties with bows on the back. Her hair was in its natural state framing her face perfectly, "I will be back around two"Bucky quickly sitting up "Where are we going?" hoping off the bed. Turning on her heel looking at him "You can't come" stopping in his tracks shaking his head in disbelief "Excuse me I am not leaving your side" he states, "Buck you have been glued to my hip and I can't have you tagging along today" 

"And whys that" putting his hands on his hips putting his weight on one leg asking with a sassy attitude, copying his stance looking at him "Because I need to go shopping for your birthday presents" seeing her copying changing moving to a more ridiculous pose seeing if she follows. Intertwining his finger placing them on his head "You're my present that's all I need is your presence" he smiles. Moving her hands like his "I missed Valentines day and I am not going to miss your birthday, I am free I can go to the store and buy you presents I can't do that with you breathing over my shoulder all day" 

Stepping forward cupping her face "Fine, but Steve has to go with you" taking a dry swallow looking up not wanting him to tag along "What about Nat or Wanda?" 

"Steve. Nat and Wanda are too small and don't look intimidating enough, so Steve is going with you. End of discussion" kissing her forehead pulling her out of her apartment "Your lucky I love you, you know"

"I know" giving her hand a small squeeze taking her to the team floor finding Steve reading the newspaper "Hey pal you need to take Maddie shopping"  holding Maddie in front of him like a child who he is protecting. "Why" folding up his newspaper laying it on the table "She needs to go birthday shopping for me and I can't go, so you need to take her" 

"Why doesn't Nat or Wanda take her?"

"Ya?" Nat and Wanda say simultaneously from the couch, "Oh this is going to be interesting, let me get my camera out I want to post this online of the former winter soldier getting his ass kicked by two girls" Maddie teases pulling out her phone from her mini backpack. Grabbing her phone putting it into his back pocket "Not funny" squeezing her shoulders, turning to look at Wanda and Nat who are standing with their arms crossed now. 

"Steve is bigger and more intimidating than you two if I am being honest, who is going to fuck with Captain America" Nat and Wanda look at each other shrugging "I would fight you on this but you got a small point, and I mean small" Wanda answers sitting down on the couch Nat following. 

Turning back to Steve "So?" standing up "Fine, let me get my coat" 

"Good, you don't leave her I will be calling one of you two at random and I expect to see you two next to each other" pointing his finger at Steve "Okay dad" Maddie says in a deep teasing voice looking down at her feet. Bending over putting his mouth next to her ear "Its daddy and you know it" in a deep husky whisper watching as she crosses her legs. Biting down on her lip lifting her head seeing no one was around  to hear, spinning to look at him "Okay...daddy" she keeps looking up at him through her eyelashes. Licking his bottom lip looking her up and down, "You ready Mads" Steve voice coming from behind Bucky "Yep" answering quickly kissing Bucky jaw.