Chapter 3

Hopping into her pastel blue mini cooper convertible, she made her way home before making a quick stop at the post office to purchase some boxes.

Hanging up her trench coat on her coat rack and kicking off her shoes and putting them on her shoe rack next to the coat rack. Madison didn't wear shoes throughout her apartment, something she has been doing since she moved to New York 8 years ago. Her apartment was barely an apartment only 400 square feet, holding only a twin size bed and very small kitchen with only a stove, sink, and small refrigerator only slightly taller than Madison. Her bathroom was just big enough for a one person shower and a sink, no storage except for a small basket under the sink to hold her everyday supplies.

Even though she had the money to buy a better apartment she loved the homey feel that was in the small apartment. She decorated her apartment to her liking. She had a few paintings she found at local galleries hanging up facing her bed where a TV should have been. She had a small vase of flowers in the corner of her apartment getting just the right amount of sunlight. She didn't have a dining room table, only a bed tray to eat on. Her favorite part of her apartment was her very narrow walk in closet, able to hold all her clothes, shoes, and accessories.

"Alright basics, a few nights worth of sleepwear and outfits for work...what kind of clothes do I wear as a nanny?" Madison says thinking out loud.

"Maybe some basic blouses and jeans? Slacks would be too formal. Or would it? It is Tony I would be working for. Okay you know what a few of everything. Options. Options are good."

Madison grabs a few items from each category, long sleeve, short sleeve, sleeveless, sweater, jackets, jeans, slacks, leggings, and a handful of sleepwear. Grabbing a small toiletry bag filling up everything from her bathroom and placing it into one of her boxes. She now has four boxes filled with clothes, shoes, toiletries, and towels. Take each box down one by one to her car parked out front. There were a few more things she wanted to bring from her kitchen but she figured the team kitchen would most likely have it. After loading everything up she decided to switch out her shoes for some flats to be more comfortable.

Making her way back to the compound she realized she was going to need some help bringing up these boxes or she was going to have to make a lot of trips. Not wanting to ask for help she decided to just call and cross her fingers hoping he won't pick up.

Brrrrrr.

Brrrrrr.

Brrrrrr.

Brr- "Hello Steve's phone" a man answered the phone, but it didn't sound like Steve

"Um hi its Madison"

The other end of the phone was quiet until the man spoke "Steve not her Madison, what do you want"

It was James on the other line but Madison couldn't tell, all she heard a pissed off voice.

"Oh its nothing I was just going to ask a question"

"I'll let you know he called" The phone call ends.

Madison put her head back on her headrest thanking herself for putting on flats before leaving the apartment. Opening her trunk she pulls out her first box hating herself for packing so much into one box. Slowly making her way into the building and heading for the elevator. Dropping the box to the ground gives her arms a break.

The doors opened up to the 30th floor and trickled her way to her room. Unlocking and stepping inside and dropping off her box in the dining room. Making her way back down the hallway the doors open to reveal the same girl she seen earlier that day. Natasha.