Chapter 106

"Thank you" hanging up the phone slipping it into his pocket, looking straight ahead at the doorway Maddie will be walking through with Morgan any minute now. "Buck?" Steve says stepping close to him as everyone else moves to look at his face. Completely stone face, no emotion peaking through staring at the doorway.

Nat nudging Wanda tilting her head to the Bucky to get her to read his mind immediately shaking her head speaking to Nat through her head. "I don't read his mind anymore, after he got mad at me for it I don't do it anymore." turning her attention back to Bucky.

Everyone hearing the sound elevator arriving on the floor with a ding then hearing the small pattering of Morgan feet running down the hall. "Daddy! Mommy!" Morgan runs in jumping up to Pepper to be picked up, Pepper nodding her head out the door to Tony saying she is removing Morgan from the situation.

Walking down the hallway seeing Maddie looking through her purse "You okay Maddie?"

"Ya I think I left my phone in the car" still digging through her purse with her phone in her hand. "Uh Maddie" Pepper interrupts her so she can look up at her. Tapping the phone that was in her hand "God that was bad" cringing "I literally lost my sunglasses today when they were on my head"

"Yep I did the same thing with Morgan, dinner is ready I am just going to go get Morgan changed and we will meet up with everyone"

"Sounds good I'll have everyone wait for Morgan and you" walking past her to the team. Rounding the corner seeing everyone standing on either side of Bucky looking at him and the doorway where she is now standing. "What's going on?" confused on why everyone looks panicked and confused and scared all wrapped in one.

Bucky had been thinking about how this was all going to happen and now he is living it. Taking a step to her "Maddie" his voice lower than usually. Raising one eyebrow at him trying to read his emotions with nothing shining through.

"The doctors called...Cole's mine" stepping towards her as she just stood there looking up to him before taking a deep breath through her teeth, letting out with a chuckle shaking her head bringing it down to look at the ground.

Pulling her head back up with a smile on her face still shaking her head, "Of course it is, because that's my life. A fucking shit show." stepping backwards out of the doorway turning heading to the elevator.

Bucky following after her "Maddie baby please lets talk about this" the sadness now seeping through his voice watching her walk to the elevator, "Nothing to talk about James, we talked about what would happen if he was yours."

Never turning to look at him "Maddie please don't do this" standing behind her as she keeps almost no space between her and the elevator doors to keep him from getting in front of her. The doors opening for her to step in trying to keep Bucky from getting on but he squeezed his way on. Not even facing him as she hit the button for the lobby to go to the garage.

"Maddie please" standing next to her looking at the side of her face as the doors closed not even looking at him now her stone faced. Dropping to his knees wrapping his arms around her pressing his head to the side of her belly "Maddie please I-I can't lose you I can't lose her. I need you to be in my life I need both of you in my life I need you Madison." turning his head to look at her as she still faces forward no crumble of emotion coming from her eyes.

"Please I-I'll do anything to keep you with me, I want to be there for her when she smiles for the first time. I want to be there when she first laughs. I want to be there for her first bath. I want to be there when she first rolls over by herself. I want to be there when she first starts to crawl. I want to be there for her first word. I want to be there when she cruises for the first time. I want to be there when she takes her first steps. I want to be there for her first Halloween. I want to be there for her first Christmas. I want to be there for her first New Years. I want to be there when she sits on your lap helping you blow out your birthday candles. I want to be there for her first Valentines Days. I want her to be with me on my birthday. I want to be there with her to celebrate the reason you are a mom. I want to her to celebrate with me for her making me a dad. I want to be there for her first birthday, her first day of preschool, kindergarten, first grade second grade. I want to be there through it all, I want to walk her down the aisle. Please I don't want to miss any of that"