Chapter 42

January 7

Maddie had a dentist appointment that morning so she wasn't able to take Morgan to school luckily Happy was able to take her for her. Walking to the team kitchen making a smoothie after her workout. Her headphones still on bouncing to the music humming to herself, the team walks in all grabbing a bite to eat after their meeting. Bucky was the last to walk in seeing Maddie in a sports bra and some shorts, very short shorts showing off her slim body and small abs peaking through. Walking behind her using his hands to cover her midriff putting his chin on her head, swaying her hips from side to side to the music.

Pouring her drink into the tumbler grabbing a metal straw bringing it up to his mouth for him to try, sipping the smoothie nodding his head. Bringing it down for her to drink, "Hey Tony!" she shouts, not realizing how loud she is with her music blasting in her ear, grabbing her headphones off of her head. "You're shouting doll"  cringing "sorry" she whispers "Whatcha need Nanny?" walking towards her leaning on the counter "Are you still picking up Morgan today or do you need me to get her?" pushing off the counter "Uh no we have a small meeting with the principal so me and Pep will be picking her up" nodding her head sipping her drink.

Finishing up her drink she went back to her place, taking a quick shower and then got ready to go out to lunch with Jasmine and Olive. "You look gorgeous doll" giving a peck on her cheek "Thank you" applying highlight to her cheekbones, "So where are you guys going for lunch"

"Forlini's"

"You and your Italian food"

"Yep" she smiles looking at him in the mirror fixing her hair giving it more volume. Tucking her hair behind her ear "You're wearing the earrings I got you" holding the earring looking at it shine in the light "Yes I am I think they go good with outfit don't you think?" Stepping away to look at herself in the mirror she was wearing an extra long baby blue trench coat with a navy blue sweater dress, black stocking paired with deep blue gray knee high boots. Everything that he bought her for Christmas she was wearing. Her hair trailing down her back in loose waves, her makeup light with her cheekbones and brow bone brightening her face. "Anything you wear you look amazing in" rubbing his thumb on her cheek licking his bottom lip "I can hear those dirty thoughts" poking his forehead.

Looking her up and down "What about now" closing his eyes, chuckling, kissing his stubble covered jaw, "still can hear it" walking out of the bathroom grabbing her phone and purse. "I'll see you later have fun at lunch" kissing her on the lips carefully to not ruin her makeup. Squeezing her waist hoping off the elevator on the team floor.

Tony, Pepper and Morgan walk into the kitchen Morgan grabbing her after school snack of orange slices, "Where's Maddie?" she asks looking around the room "She went out to lunch with some friends" Nat answers "When will she be back?" looking at the clock, she should be here soon her friends had to go back to work at 3 so she could be here any minute" looking back down to Morgan, walking to the fridge pulling out one of the pink frosted cupcake placing it on the counter opening up one of the drawers pulling out a box. Placing a white candle on top.

"Daddy can you light the candle?" Confused by her actions he grabs the lighter from the drawer "Sure" reaching over to light the candle "No not yet" Morgan stops him holding her hands up, "I'll tell you when" shuffling in her backpack pulling out a giant piece of folded pink paper. "Munchkin what are you-" the sound of the elevator doors opening "Daddy light the candle!" she spins yelling at her dad, quickly lighting the candle she grabs the cupcake holding it out to the doorway.

Maddie walks in holding a small to-go box "Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you.." Morgan sings to Maddie, everyone looking at Bucky who is looking at them dumbfounded not knowing what is going on, everyone turning their attention to Maddie who is squatting down almost eye level with Morgan "...happy birthday to youuu! Make a wish!" she steps closer to Maddie, blowing out the candle "Thank you sweet-pea" taking the candle out of the cupcake. Standing up everyone looking at her "Is today actually your birthday?" Pepper asks watching Maddie throw away the candle "Uh ya it is" barely finishing the sentence Bucky runs out of the room "Happy Birthday doll I will be right back" he yell, "Bucky stop" she turns trying to grab him "I'm sorry babe I left your present in my room" he yells as he slams his finger to the button on the elevator "No you didn't, you didn't get me a present get back over here" she waves him over back to the kitchen, doing the walk of shame back to the room with everyone.