Chapter 41

Bucky got her a red wine while he got a glass of whiskey, turning around to go to the corner where the rest of the team is, "A red wine for Maddie that's new" Clint says sipping his beer. Clint has been spending time with his wife for the holidays, but they got a babysitter for tonight so they could come to the party. "She just took her birth control and she can't throw up for the next" bring his arm to up look at his watch " hour and 7 minutes, or she messes up her pills and then she is off so no heavy alcohol to make her throw up until then" kissing her on the head keeping her close with her arm wrapped around his waist.

"MADDIE!" a scream from behind them the entire team looking around them to see Jasmine and Olive running to her wrapping her in a big hug "Thank you for inviting us" as they squeeze her tight, looking behind the girl she sees John and Ross following behind holding their beers. "Don't thank me thank him" moving away from the girls pointing to Tony and Pepper. They walk over keeping their distance "Thank you for letting us come Mr. and Mrs. Stark" Jasmine says in her kindest voice possible. "It's no problem, glad to have you!" Pepper shakes Jasmine's hand then Olives. John and Ross came over and were talking with Bucky and Maddie "Nice to actually talk to you instead of hearing what Maddie has to say"

"Same to you" shaking their hands, watching her friends interacting with her boyfriend and team brought joy to her seeing everyone getting along, feeling a tap on her shoulder to Sam pulling her to the side. Biting her lips raising her eyebrows signaling a what with her face, pointing his drink at Jasmine "Who's that?"

"That's Jasmine she's a banker"

"What's her situation?"

"Taken, she's been dating her boyfriend for almost 3 years"

"Dam, okay what about the blonde, she pretty cute"

"That's Olive, she is a barista, no boyfriend, she doesn't like dating she is more of hook up and leave gal, but if you come up and try to do it she will turn you down, so let her come to you"

"Thanks" giving her a fist bump then walks over to the girls "Hi I'm Sam and you two are?" putting his hand out to shake their hands. Moving back over to Bucky who is still talking with John and Ross.

The night went great. It's been almost 4 hours since she took her birth control and Maddie is catching up to Jasmine who is slowly dancing with Olive on the dance floor. Downing her drink she runs over to them slow dancing together giggling with each other, Bucky and Sam watching from afar talking and sipping their beer. "Just give Olive some time, Maddie says once she drinks a Tequila Sunrise, she gets very flirty so just give it some time" nodding his head, "Looks like someone is making a move on Olive" with disappointment. Watching the guy grind up Olive she flips him off and walks away "Still got a shot"

The guy makes small talk with Jasmine and Maddie, the girls still slow dancing together looking at the guy. Jasmine spins out of Maddie's grip signing drink to her before walking away leaving Maddie and the guy. The guy goes to take her hand and she moves her hand away from him, putting her hands behind her back swaying with the music back and forth. The guy takes a step forward and she takes three steps back bumping into another person, turning to apologize he grabs her hand pulling them away from the people.

Bucky still watching seeing Maddie moving away from the guy multiple times putting his beer down to walk over there Sam stopping him "Maddie can handle herself we all know this and she isn't drunk"

"I'm her boyfriend I'm stepping in" pulling his arm forward releasing Sam's grip, walking over watching the guy holding her wrist still "Let go of me" smacking his hand turning her wrist pulling her hand loose from his grip. Using his other hand to grab her dress a metal hand grabbing his throat pushing him off of her "You keep your filthy hands off and get your pathetic ass out" through gritted teeth spitting on the man dragging him out of the room. Maddie watches as he drags the man out and everyone watching him throws him into the elevator with security following taking the man out.