Chapter 71

We did it we made it to the New Year, I woke up all excited for the New Years Eve (even though I am stuck at home due to my dad having COVID) and then I got the horrible news of Betty White and I cried for an hour, I cried more for Betty White then when I broke up with my boyfriend of 7 years. You see where my priorities lie. Anyways there is going to be a time jump in this chapter because I do not want to write more about there vacation and also because I ran out of ideas so ya lets get into it!

================================================================================

Slipping on her tennis shoes at the door before stepping out making their way to the front of their resort to the taxi. "So do we have our own ATVs or are we paired" slipping his arm over her shoulder scooting her closer to him, "Not sure, I didn't ask when I booked" giving her a quick peck on her head. She had her hair pulled back into braids and then let the ends loose letting them flow. Wearing a pastel yellow ribbed tank top paired with black shorts and shoes. 

Bucky wearing is usually go to an all black outfit paired with black sunglasses that Maddie bought him along with hers to match. Arriving at the park thanking the driver, following the arrows bringing them to the edge of a cliff where the workers and other guests were getting their helmets on. "Hello you must be Madison and James, yes?" one of the workers walking to them. 

"Yes we are" Bucky answering shaking the man hand. "Perfect those two ATVs in the front will be yours. My coworker Jacob has all the helmets to try on and find the one best suited for you. If you two could just fill out these forms and sign your names at the bottom you can then get started." Handing them the clipboard. Taking them from him giving their initials and signature handing it back to the gentleman then walk over to the helmets. 

Bucky taking one of the large helmets while Maddie was going down the line of helmets. "Okay this is out smallest one, if it doesn't fit we have a way of making it fit." taking the last helmet slipping it on her head, tightening it all the way. The man checking to make sure it snug giving her a thumbs up "I still need to get you a helmet for my bike instead of Morgans" knocking his knuckles on her helmet. 

"Ya, I'm getting tired of wearing a pink helmet with a My Little Pony sticker on the back." smiling down at her guiding her to their rides. Hopping on the ATVs, looking over her shoulder at Bucky starting up his. Giving her a thumbs up, she turns and speeds off. Following behind her watching her body bounce on the small bumps on the trail. 

Coming to a fork in the road pulling up beside her "Whatever way babe" he shouts over the sound of the motor. Turning right taking the trail towards the beach, coming to a sudden stop Bucky pulling up to her side wondering why she is stopping. Pointing forwards showing a small group of goats munching on the grass. Turning her ride off grabbing her phone out of her fanny pack snapping a few pictures of them. 

"Go pet it" Bucky nudging her "What if they bite me, and I get some weird deadly disease and die" rolling his eyes hoping off crouching down making his way to the goats with his metal hand out. "If you get bit I am going to laugh" she whisper shouts afraid of scaring them away. "My hand will break their teeth if they bite me"

Getting closer the goats slowly backing up, seeing he is scaring them moving to sit down on his butt making himself smaller. Making some ticking noises with his mouth "Do you have any snacks in your fanny pack?" he asks keeping his eyes on the goats. 

Slowly moving towards him pulling out a granola bar unwrapping it for him handing it to him. breaking off a few pieces throwing them at the goats. Looking unsure for a moment, the smallest one walking up to the granola, sniffing it before taking it all into its mouth. 

Getting to the end of their granola bar the smallest goat eating it right out of Bucky hand. "Good job snow white" patting his back. The goat sniffing around for more food, moving its way to Maddie putting its nose on her fanny pack. Freezing watching the goat smell around. Bucky quietly pulling his phone out taking a video, "If you pet it you can choose the middle name" looking out of the corner out of her eye looking at Bucky recording. Her hands high in the air bringing her one hand down to pet it "If it bites my hand off we can have matching metal hands"