Chapter 9

Now heading back to her apartment she heads up the stairs and walks in looking at the walls there was water damage almost three feet high. Walking over to the kitchen grabbed a trash bag and started picking up trash and grabbing anything that was ruin. 

Walking up to her bed she noticed the small stack of book next to her bed were all ruin except for the book on top The Glass Castle. The memoir is beautiful so much to one persons life. All of those books were given to her from her grandma before she moved to New York, and now they are ruined. 

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hey girl" 

"Hey Jasmine"

"Sorry about all of this"

"Its okay shit happens"

"I have some other bad news"

"What?"

"The trash cans are full, and the city won't pick it up if its overflowing and they aren't coming until Thursday, so you are going to have to take the trash somewhere else"

"Okay, I don't think I will have a lot of trash I've taken some stuff last week to Stark Tower so I don't have too much stuff here. Do you think I could leave my bed here and then have the demolish team take it out?"

"Ya definitely, how is it living at the Stark Tower?"

"Its good the team is nice"

"Wait! You're working with the team?"

"Ya I'm Morgan Stark's nanny so I see the team pretty often"

"Woah, that's so cool, are they as nice as they seem?"

"Ya, everyone is all very nice, except for James he is an asshole"

"Who's James?"

"The Winter Soldier"

"Oh...well I mean that kind of explains it, he killed a lot of people"

"Ya, I know but still, its been what 10 years, grow a pair"

"Just give him time, he'll come around"

"Who knows"

"Well I got to make some more phone calls, see you later Mads"

"Bye"

After putting everything that was trash into the trash bags and putting them in the car she grabbed her boxes she didn't use the last time. Grabbing the remaining the clothes she folded them and stuffed them into boxes.

Moving into the kitchen she packed up all of her plates, bowls, utensils, and small kitchen appliances.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S DISGUSTING" she says as she opens the fridge seeing all her rotten food. The fridge broke during the flood, luckily it wasn't her fridge. Grabbing the food she threw them into the trash bag.

She had about 11 paintings hanging up throughout her apartment. Most of her painting were of flowers or landscapes, but she had a few of her own paintings she had done at art classes in the city. Her favorite painting she did was a remake of one of her photo shoots. The painting was partly abstract making it somewhat difficult to tell what it was unless you knew what it was. 

Doing one last walk through making sure she had everything, she remembered the box she put under the bed. Getting down on her hands and knees she pulls the box out from underneath her bed. Opening the box was all of her drawings she had done in her art class, all of her pencils, pens, and colored pencils all ruined. The pencils had started dissolving with all the moisture , the pens were at the bottom and full of water in the cap. The colored pencils had rubbed onto some of the drawings making the color smear across the drawings. The drawings were pretty much trash only parts of the drawings would be okay, and it just wasn't worth saving.