Chapter 51

It was three days before Bucky birthday and Maddie just got the last present for him since she couldn't find it in stores when her and Steve went. Taking the box to the bathroom hiding from Bucky so he couldn't see it if he came in after the meeting, opening the box to see the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Titanium watch ranging anywhere from 7,000-12,000 (USD) almost as much as her car cost when she bought it. 

Hiding the boxin her closet taking the watch to Steve apartment, sitting down on his couch waiting for Steve to come in. Looking at his photos he had on the walls, they were all pretty old being of him as a child with his family or with friends, many of them having Bucky in it towering over pre-serum Steve. Hearing the door opening drawing her attention away from the wall of photos seeing Steve walking in, running over closing the door. "Buck didn't follow you did he?" 

"No he went to your place"

"Shit okay we got to make this fast give me your wrist" putting her hand out for him, laying his hand out pulling up his sleeve for her to put the watch on, clicking it into place "How does it feel?" her fingers brushing over his arm as he moved it around sending goosebumps down his arms "Fits good, looks better in person" twisting his arm around seeing it shine in the light. Relaxing her shoulder feeling less stressed "Good, I was really worried it was going to be too small" reaching back up her dainty finger sliding in between the watch and his wrist seeing if it was too tight or too lose knowing Bucky and Steve have similar wrist size. 

Watching her face as she concentrates unlocking the watch, "Hey Steve" Bucky voice coming from behind the door the sound of the door knob turning. Steve grabbing Maddie under the arms tossing her behind the couch slipping his sleeve over the watch. "Hey Buck whats up?" Bucky now walking in to see Steve walking to his room "Have you seen Maddie?" Maddie rolling her eyes behind the couch "Always so worried" she whispers to herself "No I haven't she is probably at Natasha or Wanda place" 

"She wasn't"

"Then call her"

"She left her phone on her coffee table" slipping out from behind the couch to sneak out of the apartment, "She is in the building Buck, maybe she went to go pick up a package" hearing that looking at his counter seeing an unopen package grabbing it then walking to his door. 

Opening the door quickly then slamming it shut "Steve it came it came" pretending she just walked in hopping with joy looking around the apartment. Steve and Bucky walking out from the bedroom Steve blocking Bucky walking towards Maddie "It came look" about to open the box before Steve grabbed it from her "Your boyfriend is here" taking it moving it away from Bucky.

Maddie standing still looking at Bucky who is looking at her then to the box "What came?" he asks looking deep into Maddie eyes "Nothing..." stepping closer to her, she takes another step back "Its your birthday present that me and Steve went in on, so you can't know, so get out" pointing to the door, rolling his eyes "Fine" walking out of the apartment.

Releasing the breath she was holding looking at Steve now "That was close" 

"Ya, are you okay I grabbed you really quick?" touching her arms where he grabbed her. "Ya, I'm fine just wasn't expecting it, now lets take this off" rolling his sleeve up removing the watch putting it back in the box. "Thanks for being my mannequin" 

"Of course, have you been able to wash your stuff?" referring to the lingerie "No, Bucky has been doing my laundry he is afraid I'm going to hurt myself lifting clothes"

"He just cares"

"I know but dam let me do my laundry"

"I'll do a 2 hour workout with him tonight that should be enough time"