Chapter 52

Thank you for 3k+ reads!

================================================================================

Staying more neutral with the dinner outfit Maddie wore a black skintight turtleneck with black jeans, she tied to the outfit together with a tan trench coat and nude heels, pulling her hair up into a bun with some help from barrettes and bobby pins. Keeping her makeup light to only highlight her features; feeling a set of eyes on her looking over her shoulder to see Bucky in all black with a tan leather jacket on "I didn't know we were going to match tonight" Maddie speaks looking back in the mirror finishing her mascara. 

Wrapping his arms around her shoulder watching as she turns her head from side to side looking at her makeup, "I thought it would be cute" kissing her ear steering clear of her makeup. Smiling looking up at him "It is" taking a step back looking herself up and down "Its missing something" scrunching her face trying to figure out what it was, her face lighting up walking over to her dresser looking through her box of jewelry. 

Slipping on a thin silver necklace with a circle charm hanging in the middle on top of her shirt, hearing a clank behind her turning to see Bucky pulling out his dog tags from underneath his shirt. Squinting her eyes she slowly removes her trench coat putting it down on the bed, Bucky following removing his jacket putting it on the bed next to hers "Copy cat" putting her trench coat back on "Now lets go before start tampering with your gifts I already see you side eyeing them" grabbing his hand pulling him out of the room. 

All seated at a Michelin Star restaurant Maddie looked over menu seeing everything was of very large portions, still full from lunch. Deciding to just go with a soup hoping it would be a smaller portion compared to everything on the menu.  

Bucky keeping his hand on her as much as he could loving the way she looked tonight, her eyes sparkling with the chandlers above them, her smiling filling up the room laughing at the stories Steve was sharing of Bucky, the small squeeze she would give him when he would get embarrassed when Steve would talk about the times he would get in trouble and his mom would hit him upside the head. He loved all of it. 

The sound of the staff coming around the corner pull their attention to them singing Happy Birthday carrying a small cake along with small bowls of ice cream for the rest of the team. Everyone digging into ice cream still chatting about their days and any stories they could remember of Bucky that Maddie didn't already know. Maddie only taking a few bites of her ice cream getting nauseous from all food excusing herself to the bathroom trying to help digest her food. 

Standing in the bathroom pacing back and forth the sound of her heels clicking on the tile floor feeling the nausea subsiding after a few minutes, looking up in the mirror making sure she looked okay before walking out and joining the team. 

Arriving back at the tower, Bucky went to the team floor while everyone went to go get his presents, while in her apartment Maddie walked to the bathroom feeling the nausea kicking back in. Glancing back down at her stomach thinking the worst, opening up her vanity reaching into the back grabbing a pregnancy test out of the box, quickly taking the test she went to the kitchen finding herself some pain medicine to see if it would help. Grabbing his present off of her dresser walking back into the bathroom standing in front of the test waiting for the results. 

Killing time she redid her hair putting it into a half up half down with top half being in a bun with the sunflower clip Bucky got her. Her timer goes off on her phone looking over at the pregnancy test seeing the bold word Negative staring right back at her. Exhaling the breath she was holding in tossing it into the trash can hiding it with a tissue.

Bucky went around opening everyone presents for him, Natasha and Wanda went in getting him some records with the biggest hits from the 40's. Bucky looks over at Maddie with a small smirk on his face Maddie sending him one right back.