Chapter 23

After the shower Maddie came back downstairs to join the team "Why are you wet?" Peter asks bringing everyone attention to her. Maddies hair and shirt were wet and her makeup was slighlty messed up as well, "James got mad and threw his water on me" Tony immediately stood up and was making his way out of the kitchen but Maddie stopped him "I started it I stabbed him with the fork because he wasn't talking so he threw his water at me, it's fine." Tony looked down at her then at the door before turning around and walking back to his seat, everyone continued eating until James walked in with his hand bandaged "Told you I stabbed him" she says with her mouth half full of food, "Ya and I told you to leave me alone, and you didn't listen" with his voice slightly raised 

"You weren't listening to me" raising her voice even more

"I don't need a child to talk to me about 'What's wrong' keep your child thoughts to your own"

"You are really just an old man aren't you"

"An old man that will kick your ass if you keep being nosy"

"You can barely touch your toes you really think you can kick my ass"

"Just cause I can't touch my toes Maddie doesn't mean I can't kick your ass"

"You can't call me that"

"Just did, what are you going to do about it" she quickly takes her hair tie off of her wrist pulling it back and shooting it at James which he caught like it was nothing "A flimsy hair tie you really think that was going to do anything"

"Consider that your warning"

"Ooo I am so scared"

"You don't want to mess with me Buck"

"Can't call me that" they say in unison giving each other a death stare. Everyone has stopped eating at this point watching the two bicker back and forth. Maddie was done with her food now and walked over to the sink that James was standing next to her placing her dish in the sink, "Buck come sit with us grab a plate" James brings his eyes to Steve who was talking to him, before he could answer he was being drenched in water. Maddie had grabbed the nozzle from the sink turning the water on high and aiming it right at James head. James quickly grabbed it out of her hand drenching her now in water, fighting over the water to drench each other Wanda uses her powers to turn off the water leaving them both standing there with their hands almost touching looking at each other both soaked. "Alright everyone out, Barnes, Nanny clean up the mess and don't kill each other" both of them still looking right at each other not breaking eye contact until everyone was out of the room.

"Good job"

"You too" as they high-fived each other. "Can't believe they bought that"

"Me neither, and really you had to make me wet too, we didn't discuss that"

"It popped in my head it seemed funnier that trying to stab you again" rolling his eyes he walked to the supply closet grabbing two mops and buckets. Cleaning the mess up rather quickly with the poking of the broom at each other asses throughout. Once they were finished James went to his apartment and Maddie went to hers. 

2 weeks later 

Maddie was sitting on the park bench with Nat as they watched Morgan playing with some friends from school. "So how are you and Barnes" turning to Maddie who has her eyes on Morgan "What do you mean?" not taking her eyes off Morgan "Well you guys got into that fight in the kitchen a few weeks ago" 

"It was nothing, I was trying to see what was wrong and I pushed a button he snapped I stabbed him he threw his water on me and then it continued in the kitchen, nothing more than that" taking that as answer she looked back at Morgan and her friends playing "Do you want kids?" taking back by the question she now looks over to Nat "One day, I figured I would have a kid by now, but life had different plans" turning her body to her now "How many?"