Chapter 6

After ordering their drinks they stood off to the side waiting for their drinks. Sam got a call and answered it being on the phone for only a few minutes. Once he was off the phone the drinks were ready and they walked outside to sit down in the outdoor seating.

"So Maddie, how did you get the job working with Tony"

"I've actually been working at the tower for 7 years now, he called me up to his office and said he was looking for a nanny for his daughter, but they wanted someone who has been with the company for awhile and they offered me the job and I took it, and between you and me the pay is fantastic" Maddie squeals with excitement at the end

Sam laughs "That good huh?"

"OOOH ya, I mean I was making like forty four an hour and now i'm at sixty so I'm certainly not complaining"

"I wouldn't be complaining either"

"So how long have you been with the avengers?"

"About 9 years"

"Almost a decade in the making of the falcon"

"And red wing" Sam interrupts with a playful tone causing Maddie to laugh

"Sorry and red wing" Maddie phone starts ringing at the end of her sentence. Grabbing her phone out of her pocket she see the name Jasmine Wright lit up on her phone. "I'm so sorry my landlord is calling me, can you give me a second?"

"Ya ya of course" gesturing for Maddie to answer her phone.

Maddie stands up and walks around the edge of the building to get away from all the sounds of traffic and people talking. A few minutes later Maddie comes walking back to the table seeing Sam finishing off his drink.

"Everything alright?"

"Not really, do you think we can go back to my place, apparently a pipe broke and there is water all over my apartment and I want to get what I can out before its all water damage"

"Yes, okay let's go" Sam quickly stands up, throwing his cup in the trash and running to the car with Maddie following right behind.

"You can park right here, its my parking spot" pointing to the spot two doors down from her apartment complex

Maddie and Sam run up the stairs to the third floor finding most of the steps covered in water and the third completely flooded. Opening the door, finding her entire apartment to be covered in water.

"Shit Shit Shit" Maddie says louder and louder as she runs to her closet. "No, fuck me"

Sam's eyebrows jump at her last statement as he walks to the closet "Whats wrong"

"All of my shoes are ruin and all of my photo albums are ruined as well"

"Okay let's grab what we can and we can take it back to the tower and see what you can salvage okay?"

"Okay let me grab some trash bags"

"You don't have any boxes?"

"In my car yeah, but not here, so trash bags are the only option"

Sam and Maddie threw everything they could into 5 trash bags. Leaving the bed, the plants, and other pieces of furniture that have too much water damage that wouldn't be worth saving. Packing the whole car to the brim with trash bags they made their way back to the tower. Maddie grabbed two bags and Sam grabbed the other three and made their way into one of the meeting rooms.

"I'm going to go put my clothes in my room and I'll be right back"

"Okay I'll be here I'll starts unpacking"