Chapter 7

After looking through all her shoes there were only 3 pairs that were salvageable out of the 19 pairs she had. It was only about 4 o'clock in the evening so Maddie decided to go shopping for some new shoes.

She knew of a little boutique just down the street from the tower, so she headed there first to see if there was anything there. Walking into the store she was greeted by one of the workers letting her now there was a buy 2 get 1 free sale happening. This peaked Maddie's interest, knowing she was going to save some money.

Maddie found a pair of nude knee high leather boots, a pair of blood red heels with red straps going up the calf, a pair of black platform booties resembling combat boots, and finally a pair of blush closed toe heels with a matching bow on the back, right on the heel. After paying she made her way back to the tower. One block from the tower she spotted her favorite pizza parlor had barely a line and she quickly hopped in line.

Bringing her food and shoes up to her room she dropped her bags in her bedroom and made her way out to the living room turning on the TV to watch Once Upon A Time and eat her pizza. One slice through she realized she didn't have anything to drink.

Making her way to the team floor she heard everyone talking, peaking in she seeing everyone except for Sam and James. Taking a deep breath she entered the room hoping no one would notice her as she grabbed a drink. Quickly making her way to the fridge no one noticed her. Grabbing a Bai drink she started making her way out of the room.

"Hey Mads"

So close.

Turning around towards the voice. Everyone was staring no longer eating. "Hey guys"

"Didn't even say 'Hi' when you came in" Steve said

"Sorry I just didn't want to interrupt your guys conversations"

"Grab a plate and come sit with us kid"

"Oh its alright I brought food home"

"Bring it up here then"

"Its okay besides me and James have a deal where I'm not suppose to see him today"

"Screw the deal, come sit with us, James isn't even here. James and Sam are on a mission they won't be here till late tonight" Wanda speaks up

"Okay I'll be right back" making her way out of the kitchen back to her room pausing the show and grabbing her pizza, she made her way back to the team. Sitting in the open spot between Clint and Wanda.

Everyone chit chatted for a while about the basic stuff in life.

"Did Pep ever send you the list for this week?" Tony says in between bites

"I'm not sure I haven't looked at my email since 3, let me take a look" pulling out her phone she went to her emails seeing the email from Pepper. "Got it right here"

"Great, your phone and credit card and car keys will be dropped off tonight at 8 in the little box outside of your room"

"Thanks"

Everyone went their separate ways after dinner considering the team had a small mission in the morning.

Walking back to her room she put her leftover pizza in the fridge and headed to the couch to finish watching her show. Finishing the show she walked to her room to change into some workout clothes. Grabbing a sports bra and a navy blue long sleeve top and a pair of black shorts to go along. Luckily her tennis shoes weren't ruined since she brought them the first day she moved in. Checking the time realizing it was 8:30 she went out to grab the items that were supposed to be left.