Chapter 39

It was finally morning, James and Maddie were both looking at each other standing in front of the door to go downstairs "Do we go down together?" shrugging his shoulders "Is it weird if we go down separate"she shrugs back "Why does this feel weirder than when we first started dating"

"I think because we knew no one beyond our apartment doors knew so we just went straight to hating each other pretending and now we don't know how to act" nodding her head she opened the door and walked downstairs with James close behind. Everyone was wearing the matching sweaters that Pepper had bought everyone, even Morgan had a matching sweater. Everyone watched as the couple came downstairs, eyes glued to them like they were the sun. "Stop staring, I feel like an animal in a zoo." Maddie says walking to the kitchen where everyone was grabbing an orange out from the bowl. "Can you blame us, you guys hated each other 3 months ago and now you have been dating for two and half months and all it's like seeing a unicorn" Sam says sipping on his coffee. "Who's dating?" Morgan says coming down the stairs with Pepper, James and Maddie turn to see Morgan looking up at them, both of them looking at each other. "Me and Bucky are dating"

Morgan's face lights up hugging both of them "Yay! But what about that guy John was talking about?" she question now confused "That guy was Bucky" she looks very confused trying to understand "Me and Bucky like each other but we wanted it to be a secret because it was a game so people knew I was dating but didn't know who, but since I said we are dating James won the game" Morgan lets out a loud 'Oh' putting two and two together with it being a game, quickly now understanding.

Turning back around everyone smiling at Maddie "Weirdos" looking at everyone, "Move out team, time to open presents" everyone slowly made their way into the living room as Morgan happily handed everyone their presents. Morgan was the first to open her presents, getting many toys and coloring books and Maddie got her clothes so they could match like she always loves doing. Then it went in order from oldest to youngest with James being first since Thor or Loki didn't join, not understanding what Christmas is. James got some cologne, more black shirts, boots, a set of knives, a book about knives, and of course the shampoo Maddie got him, looking at her with a 'really' look holding up the two giant bottles of them. "You got your boyfriend shampoo?" Sam says pointing at the bottles and then back at Maddie, "What was I supposed to do to get him a gift that looks like I like him when we are supposed to be hating each other? That would be weird, and all of his other gifts are at the tower anyways."

"You better have not gotten me a lot" pointing the bottles at her, shrugging her shoulders with a closed lip smile. Moving down the line everyone opened their presents leaving Maddie at the end. Since Peter left last night to spend Christmas with Aunt May. Opening her presents she got many beauty products from Wanda, and Nat being mostly face masks, and lotions, she got a giftcard to her favorite smoothie place from Sam. Tony and Pepper got her a month-long vacation she could use at any time along with a credit card to buy whatever she wants on the vacation. Steve got her one of those giant sweaters that go to your knees and are full of sherpa. Bruce got her a pair of boots, he had the same ones and she really liked them so he went and got her the female version of them, Morgan drew a picture of Maddie with the team and wrote 'Familiy' underneath it not knowing how to spell family making it even better. Leaving the best for last Bucky's gift, pulling the gift to her she looked up at Bucky who was sitting across from her "It's not going to blow up right?" shaking his head no she opened the box to see a bottle of Nair and conditioner, "Oh my god I hate you" looking at the box chuckling to herself "What is it?" Nat asks, trying to see inside of the box.

Grabbing the bottles lifting them up in the air for everyone to see all of them confused "Bucky decided to prank me back when we hated each other and he put Nair into my conditioner thinking I use it on my head when I actually use it for my legs to shave" everyone giving a dirty look to Bucky "She still has all of her hair on her head so it's fine" brushing it off like it didn't matter he tried to make her bald.