Chapter 67

"I realized I never asked you this" Maddie spoke in the dead of the night looking over at Bucky who was trying to sleep "Are you okay with going tomorrow?" turning his head to look at her curling his eyebrows in confusion "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" adjusting himself to lay on his side propping himself up on his arm. Twiddling with her hands on top of the covers staring at them "because" stopping  herself turning to look at him instead of her hands "because of your arm. Its going to be like 85F (29.4C)." shaking his head "If I wasn't okay with it I wouldn't have said yes to it" bringing his metal hand to her hands stopping her from fiddling with them. 

"Okay, I just felt bad if you didn't want to go and I was making you" 

"The only thing you do is drive me crazy with you walking around being all cute and adorable" smiling look down his hand covering both of hers. "Okay" moving his hand to her side dragging her over to him more feeling her smooth skin on his bare chest. "Isn't weird to think we use to hate each other at some point" she says looking up at him "No, I still hate you but I am trying to win this beat I have with Sam" pointing his thumb over his shoulder, stopping his sentence getting a smacking on the chest "You're ridiculous" rolling her eyes, peppering kisses to her head. 

"I never asked you but how did you jam my door?" chuckling to herself flashing back on that day "Jasmine boyfriend is a welder so I had him come in and jam it I don't know how he did it but he did it and that was good enough for me, that was payback for moving my mailbox on top of my door"

"And before that you ate all my fruit"

"Because you put my phone on top of the fridge"

"Because you programmed F.R.I.D.A.Y. to count my steps out loud and no one knew how to undo it except for the kid because you made a deal with Stark to not tell me"

"That was a glorious three days of you trying to walk without it counting"

"Was not that funny"

"Yes it was"

"No it made me feel so lazy because I wasn't hitting ten thousand steps a day"

"Got you motivated" 

"Remember when you didn't talk to me for 2 weeks"

"Because you hit me then chocked me" 

 "I apologized for that "

"then you ran after me in a bar because you thought I was being a liar and then said you liked me. Didn't believe you not one bit."

"No, so when did you start believing me?"

"When we went to go get ice cream for the first time and you got me two scoops instead of one, and you wouldn't let me pay or open my own door, you wouldn't even let me put my own jacket on, you insisted on helping me"

"You know whats funny about that, I did all that without even giving it a second thought like it was normal to do for you. You can even ask Steve and Sam I did not do that for that one girl I dated for like 2 months, the most I did for her was grab her, her purse. She was a god dam nightmare she was very similar to Rebecca, and when Rebecca came in and I seen how she was I realized the girl I dated seemed a lot less crazier"

"You never really told me about her"

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything but the sex, I don't want to know what you did with her you do with me" chuckling at her kissing her head "Alright, her name was Heather, she was 35. She had black hair with blonde on the underneath trying to seem like she was young. She was probably 5'8", 5'9" ( 170 cm)"