The devil made me do it (III) ❤️‍🔥 Bucky Barnes (🥀)

Song: Hans Zimmer - H2O (yes I'm back on my da Vinci code, angels and demons and inception Shit!)

Warnings: fluff, angst, possession, blood, gore? Murder? Death. Y/n being a smart cookie...

•••

You're sitting up in the bed, Bucky laying comfortably next to you. Usually he wakes up when you have a nightmare and the other way around but this time he seems fast asleep.

You sigh and get out of the bed, a thin layer of sweat makes you shiver as you move through the house. Your mind is still stuck on the end of your nightmare.

Someone told you to wake up rather viciously. Like someone is begging and getting frustrated that it has to ask so many times, so many nights.

You grab a glass and fill it with water before gulping it down and refilling the glass. You look around the lowly lit house, you feel weird.

Now that you come to think of it, you have no memory whatsoever of how you actually got here, Bucky only told you that after the exorcism you wanted to settle down here, but you don't have any memory of even moving here.

Bucky said that could be one of the side effects, your mind being corrupted by that demon could have consequences like that, but maybe that's not entirely true.

You sigh as you walk past the large mirror in the living room. You do a double take however. Something isn't right.

Your eyes look towards the mirror. Your eyes widen when you see yourself, banging on the glass. You're screaming something but you can't hear it.

'Wake up!' Someone whispers behind you and as you turn around te glass slips from your fingers.

When you turn back to the mirror, everything is back to normal and you can hear Bucky rush doen the stairs.

'Y/n? Y/n?' He asks repeatedly as he searches the house.

'Hey.. you okay?' He asks as he lays his hand on your shoulder.

'Yeah, something just spooked me and I dropped a glass... sorry for waking you...'

'Its okay honey... just go to bed and I'll clean it up..' he smiles as he ushers you upstairs.

That night you lay awake, even after Bucky went back to bed and pulled you close, you couldn't catch that same state of relaxation needed to fall asleep. Not with the image of yourself banging your fists against the glass and screaming out to you burning in your mind.

•••

'She won't last much longer... she hasn't had decent food in days..' Dr. Cho speaks up and Bucky groans.

He's been sitting there besides your laying body, trying to think of ways to get you back, to make sure that demon is cast out for good.

He takes your hand in his and squeezes. 'I'm so sorry, baby...' he whispers before planting a kiss on the back of your hand. 'This shouldn't have happened...'

'We found something!' Bruce badges in with some papers in his hand. It startled Bucky and he gives Bruce a death glare for a split second.