Ohana means family ❤️‍🔥 Avengers

Song: polar express soundtrack - meeting Santa.

Imagine; you didn't have a family up until now, but with Christmas coming up, everyone has places to be. With their own families.

I AM IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT, DO NOT COME FOR ME.

Warnings; angst, fluff, negative thoughts (minor negative thoughts)

•••

'So where are you going for the holidays Tony?' Natasha asks on the way home from an easy mission.

'Oh you know, spending it at the cabin with Morgan and Pepper... her parents are going to be there as well..' He tells her wholeheartedly and with a huge smile.

The holidays, you forgot that they were coming up until Natasha just mentioned it. They've always been this horror for you.

Everywhere you go there's commercials and posters and other advertising to spend the holidays with your family! And all that crap. You didn't have a family, or at least you don't feel like you do.

Sure you've considered the team a family before but somehow they give off this vibe that they don't think of you in the same way, you're more like a friend, which honestly hurts, especially around days like the one coming up, Christmas.

You've always hated it with your whole being, as a kid you believed Santa was a dick, he wouldn't come by your place. You hanged your stocking each year, even put up a small tree you found in the trash once, it wasn't really enough clearly.

Then you found out Santa wasn't real, not that you were really sad about that, you already hated the guy anyway.

Then you finally got placed in a family, after years of living on the streets, they were horrible though. They didn't think you were their actual kid, the other kids got presents.. you didn't. You had to watch them open the most amazing gifts while you were left with nothing.

You escaped them, found it better to be living on the streets. So you did. You eventually got a job you were so good at that it actually landed you right here, with the avengers. Who all seemed to have plans to go away from the compound, meaning that you're left behind.

'You Y/n? You got any plans?' Tony asks.

You look up to find everyone staring at you. You feel the sweat starting to form. You don't want anybody to feel sorry for you, to invite you out of pity. To be a burden.

'Oh I uh... I have plans with some old friends of mine...' you try to smile, make it a convincing lie.

'Oh well that's nice! So nobody's home for Christmas.. that's weird...' Wanda chuckles. 'Usually we celebrate it together...'

Her comment flies over most of their heads. So they did used to celebrate it together, just this year, which happens to be the first year you celebrate with them, they're not in the compound to actually celebrate?

See? You're a burden to them Y/n. You're a burden to everyone. You're pathetic. Useless. Aww you're so sad.

You try to keep in the tears that are already glistening in your eyes. You kept a smile on your face all of those years, why couldn't you just do the same now? You're used to people leaving you alone. Why does it hurt so much this time?