Life-Stealer part 5 ❤️‍🔥 Avengers College AU

Song: Duncan Laurence - love don't hate it.

Warnings; ANGST, fluff, confrontation, mention of sexual assault, mention of negative thoughts (suicidal), this is all mainly at the end of the chapter.

After being sad at the expensive restaurant, Loki took you to one of the most romantic diners you have ever seen. It's designed just like the old ones you still see in some movies.

He apologises for ordering you a martini as well, not knowing it was a huge no no. To be honest, you didn't even notice it when you played with the olives, there wasn't a sign that told you, you shouldn't be drinking. It felt so normal that it scared you for a couple hours, but you didn't drink and that's the whole point.

It was such a cliche night as well, you shared a milkshake, you kissed his cheek when he dropped you off and you spend the remainder of the night with a huge smile on your face, laying face up on your bed.

Maybe it's getting all better now. You're afraid of hoping that this is your turning point, but after that night, the hope grew with a significant amount.

In the meantime, Thor has been watching Nora a little closer than usual. Her behaviour that night still bugs him, he wants to understand why she would follow you and laugh about your misery.

Okay maybe he could understand, you did ruin her life at school, but even that is a motive he's starting to doubt.

And he's not the only one. Certainly not the only one who misses you.

•••

'Hello John...come on in...' you give him a tight smile which he returns, the awkwardness is evident in both of you, and with good reason.

'I uh, wanted to thank you for giving it a chance.. so I got this for you...' he hands you a small bouquet of your favourite flowers. 'I heard these are your favourite so...'

Your eyebrow quirks up. 'How did you find that out...'

'I asked Loki... I have to say he is very protective of you, with good reason! But after I explained everything he reluctantly told me... he was kind of scary...'

You chuckle at that. Of course your new boyfriend is protective, and of course he would scare John to hell and back.

'I appreciate you going to Loki to arrange something like this... it's a step in the right direction...' you move to the kitchen to grab a vase. John follows and out his bag down at the large table you'll be working on this project on.

You get him something to drink and start working on the project from there on. It isn't as bad as you initially expected. John probably did change a lot, he isn't an asshole like he always was. But then who doesn't change a bit after high school right?

'So you and Loki... I'm curious.. are you like together now?' He asks.

'Yes... we are...' you proudly smile. 'A couple nights ago we became a real couple...'

'I'm happy for you... I am...' he smiles.

'Thank you...so what about you? Got any girls or boys around?'

'I actually have a fiancé now...we have a house.. and a dog...her name is Sharon... my fiancés name that is...' he laughs.

'Well I'm happy to hear that...' you laugh with him.

'Look, I was a dick to you... and I shouldn't have done the things I did.. and I will feel guilty forever... but trust me when I say that I will never do it again... and that I will try to make it up to you as far as that's possible...'