Firecracker pt. 2 ❤️‍🔥 Mob!Steve

Song: Kartjan Sveinsson - Teil

Warnings: funerals, angst, fluff, illusions to smut,  Mother in law is still a hag.

•••

•••

'Are you ready?' You ask Steve, he's stuck in his mind.

He's staring straight forward to where he needs to go but he can't get himself to move. He doesn't want reality to sink into him. He doesn't want to acknowledge that his father is now really gone.

'Stevie...' your hand slides over his, you wrap your fingers around his and urge him to walk but he stays standing right there, nailed to the ground.

His eyes slowly meet yours and it's like they're begging you to not take him there. But you know deep down, how cruel this may be, that he needs to do this. You know he will come to regret it if he won't.

'I'll hold your hand..' you intertwine your fingers. 'I'll keep holding on okay? I'm right here...' Your other hand goes up to cup his cheek.

He takes a deep breath before his feet start moving. He walks with you to the place his father will be buried in a few minutes.

You see Bucky and Sam already standing there with Caroline. They give you a sympathetic smile once they see the state Steve is in.

'I'm so sorry about your father Bucky...' you hug him slightly without letting go off Steve. Then you move over to Sam and do the same.

'How's he holding up?' Bucky whispers in your ear. You give him a shake of the head in response.

You step back to Steve's side and wrap yourself around his arm, your head laying against his shoulder. You give his hand a soft squeeze which you receive in return.

'You may be seated...' the priest says, everyone sits down.

'George Rogers was a good man, despite what the rumours said...' the priest starts and you feel Steve going rigid beside you.

So you bring his hand up to your lips, it pulls him from his mind, it must be chaos for him right now. It all happened within two weeks.

It's been such a messy two weeks as well, between George laying in the hospital and having to figure out your relationship with each other, things have been quite the mess.

'George loved his sons...his son and daughter in law... he loved his family more than anything... he told me a lot about Bucky and Sam, how they made him laugh with their stories, and about Steve and Y/n... fascinated by how they work together so well.. despite being forced into it...' This has you wipe away a tear of your own.