Live, Hydra, Love (2) ❤️‍🔥 Bucky/ Avengers

Song: TFATWS soundtrack- Making Amends.

Warnings; mentions of escaping, memory wiping, torture (Hydra), powers. Angst, lot of anger and confusion

•••

This isn't happening, that's what you tell yourself over and over again while you have to watch James get strapped to that.. that thing.

'You're hiding something from us... and since you don't want to say what it is you're lying about.. we will have to encourage you...' the rat speaks again before roughly grabbing your cheeks and turning your head towards the man you've come to known as the boss.

'Say hi to Mister Pierce..' he grins before letting you go.

Pleading will get you nowhere. You've learned that the hard way. Nothing good ever comes from begging and pleading. Members of Hydra have no sympathy, you can't expect them to suddenly develop it on the spot.

James gets shoved into the machine, his breathing rapid and his eyes bore into yours. Your chest heaves at the sight. Bile rises in your throat, this can't be happening.

James' lips mouth one word. Don't.
He knows just as well as you do that once they discover your newfound powers, they will tear you apart, they will take you away from him to do heaven knows what.

Pierce glances at you, catching onto the silent conversation going on between you and James. It peaks his interest to say the least. How this kind of bond forms writhing such harsh conditions is a difficult concept for his brain to comprehend.

'Dr. Engel... you can start.. they're all yours..'

'You have one chance, because I'm no monster..'

You scoff at his words. His last name might be Engel, which translates to Angel, but he is nowhere near as innocent and pure as one. He is truly the monster you make him out to be.

'As I was saying... you get one chance... what are you not telling me.. say it and he will be spared the "treatment" today...'

Bucky's head shakes, its not worth it.

You keep your mouth shut. You hate that James is making you keep it shut, it could save him so much pain. Besides, you don't know how long you can watch him suffer like this.

The machine starts and so does the screaming. That is the worst sound you will ever hear. Someone you love screaming in pain.

You have the power to do something, you could take them down one by one with your newfound power, but that will only further complicate things. You feel powerless.

'You can stop them can you?' Engel whispers in your ear. 'You can stop them from hurting him any further... do it...'

James continues screaming while the electricity runs through his body in a painful manor. His veins are set on fire and his lungs burn from their sudden increase in use.

Pierce keeps his eyes trained on you, he has seen James suffer like this for decades, he's not interesting anymore, you however are now the woman of the hour.

You're holding back, it's evident in your whole body language. You're tense, a little red in the face maybe. He's dying to know what kind of power could get released at any given moment.

He signs for his trusted agent to come closer, he whispers something his ear and the agents eyes go wide. 'But sir-'

'Do it.'

You sense it before the agent can even act on the order Pierce just gave him. He's going to harm Bucky further by using one of the tools on the table.