Money Has To Roll pt.10 ❤️‍🔥 Steve+Bucky Mob AU

Song: ThnxSoMch - spit in my face.

Warnings; plan in execution, Morgan being adorable, Pepper being sneaky AF, Tony being clueless.

•••

'I don't like this Y/n, I have a bad feeling about this...'

'I don't have any other choice Sam... Stephen is the closest thing to his mother, if I just entertain him then maybe it's enough distraction for you to sneak away and do some more digging...we need more evidence...'

'I know but really? Working with Stephen Strange? You know, the man that has dealt with your rejection by letting his mother put a hit on you?'

'Look, I am as appalled as you are by the man but like I said, we have limited options... and he was not the one who put the hit on me...I'm not sure he's even interested in me anymore..'

'then we need rules.. no taking drinks you haven't made yourself, if something seems fishy then you contact me and don't let Stephen cross your boundaries..'

'okay dad..' you roll your eyes. 'Sam, I'll be okay... I promise...'

'Y/n , I am serious..'

'So am I...' you pat his shoulder before walking away.

The second you step out of your room, the atmosphere changes. The feeling of the soft and safe space that is your room is completely gone now and replaced with the horror that is the party downstairs.

How your father finds the comfort to throw one is beyond you, but it is a way for Sam to disappear and dig together with Steve and Bucky.

'Are you ready to go?' Stephen asks with a smile on his face. Arrogant prick.

You paint a smile on your face as you turn to him. 'Yes I am..'

'Breathe Y/n..' he speaks lowly as you enter the party that is in full swing.

Full swing of course meaning that people are talking with their expensive drinks in their even more expensive clothes. And by talking you mean boasting about their jobs, wives and lives.. makes you sick. Just like it did with your mother. What you'd give to hear her talk about the disgust for those parties.

A small smile creeps onto your face and Stephen of course sees. He decides against saying anything about it. You may have never gotten along but with everything happening, he understands that the smile could mean you're doing better, even if it's just a little.

He was never into you romantically, perhaps when you were kids but that was a little boy crush, not the big fat grown up crush he has on someone else. His mother pushed him to ask you and he did, even if it hurt. He was relieved you did not want to marry him, he would have made it work but someone like you can't be pushed around, and that's why he helps you now.. he perhaps has an even greater bone to pick with his mother than you do..

'So what is it that we're supposed to do here?' He asks.

'Nothing.. blend in.. talk fancy and have a few drinks, just to try and distract my father from the absence of the "team".. they will gather the evidence and then we will expose them...hopefully without another one of her assassination attempts...' You pick a glass off of the table in front of you and hand one to Stephen as well.

You side eye Pepper to see if she's paying attention to you, to nobody's surprise, she is. She even has a cute little evil smirk on her face as she speaks with Stephens mother.

'I am really sorry... that my mother wants you dead...'

You shrug with a numb expression on your face. 'She's not the first and only one..'

'Yeah but still... it's not really fair...'

'Welcome to the real world Stephen...' you sigh as you turn to the crowd. 'Nothing is ever fair...' You drown the glass of champagne in one go making his eyes widen.

'She is doing this to spite us...' Mrs. Strange snaps.

'No, she is up to something, Cecilia..' Pepper seethes. 'No offense but she hasn't had a good word about your son for at least a year..'

'Wonder what she's up to then...'

'Honey?' She turns to Tony with this sweet smile. 'Where's your son?' She asks.

'I don't know, he should be down here any minute, why?'

'Oh just curious...' she replies before turning back to Mrs. Strange, Tony turns back to the conversation he was rudely cut off from.

'She is up to something, they all are...perhaps we should top her off balance...' Pepper smiles Emily again making Cecilia shiver in delight. 'And I know the perfect way to do it...'

•••

'I don't know what happened isn't hat office but whatever it is, you need to make it up to her..' Sam says as they walk through the house to reach the party finally.

'I know that Sam...' Bucky sighs.

'She's upset... like really upset...'

'I know... she was never supposed to hear it in the first place because I was drunk... but I called whatever this all is Karma for her and it was the stupidest thing I could have ever said...' Bucky sighs.

'That is cold man...' Sam shakes his head. 'She does not deserve that..'

'Don't you think I know-'

There's yelling coming from the party, it is loud and definitely not kind.

'I should have never let you set your claws into her! You ruined her!'

'I loved her-'

'No you didn't! Someone like you isn't capable of loving someone! You vixen!' Victoria yells right in your face while everyone stands around and just looks.

Bucky stops in his tracks when he sees what's happening. Victoria is all up in your face, she's even pointing her finger at you, the long nail almost poking your eye out.

You are still calm and collected and that scares him, he has seen you in this state before and it has always caused you to become reckless.

He turns his head to look at Pepper and Tony. Even his father refuses to do something about the fact that his daughter is getting humiliated and insulted right in front of the crowd.

Your eyes shift to Sam, who just nods. You understand what he's referring to.

'Enough!' Bucky yells and the yelling comes to a halt long enough for you to escape. 'What the hell is going on?!'

It gives you time enough to walk away while everybody is distracted by your brother, the saviour. You rush towards the first room you can find, which is your fathers office.

You slam the door closed behind you and breathe heavily while you lean against it. 'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine Morgan...' you reply, a tad too harsh. 'Sorry I'm... im not fine.. and you have nothing to do with this...'

'Do you uhm..' she hesitates, the dolls in her hand still while she does. 'Do you want to play with dolls? It usually helps me when I am not okay...'

'Yeah... yeah I'd like that...' you chuckle slightly while bui regulate your breathing.