Money Has To Roll pt.13 ❤️‍🔥 Steve+Bucky Mob AU

Song: Lana Del Rey - Yes To Heaven

Warnings: angst, fluff, arguments.

•••

You rarely ask yourself questions about other people. About their motives and such. Because other people tend to do the unpredictable.

Just like your idiot of a brother, standing in the rain like a lost puppy at 3 in the morning.

'What the fuck...' you breathe as you wipe the sleep from your eyes.

After an argument ensued between you and your father after the whole Pepper ordeal, you have been keeping a low profile. Meaning that you have been sulking in a mansion in the woods. Perhaps you should change your name to Bella Swan at this point..

After getting cleared from the ambulance and trying to talk with Tony, you both blew up at each other. You took it one step further though. When Bucky tried to diffuse the situation, you said some fucked up things to him as well. It happened in your anger, all the hurt spilling out in front of them and Tony not even listening.

You walked out on both of them and you're still afraid to face them, especially Bucky. But somehow he ended up on your doorstep to help you face your fears.

'Sam said you'd be here..'

Of fucking course.. Sam snitches in you once again. You know he's trying to be a good best friend, preferring that he actually tells you what things are instead of what you want to hear them to be. But telling Bucky where you are? Dick move, Sam.

'I just... I needed to talk to you... you've been ignoring my calls..'

Without another word, you step aside to let him in. His soggy shoes squeak against your hardwood floor and you can't help but smile a little.

Your mother always used to scold the both of you, when you'd be outside even in the rain. She's tell you to not mess up her floor.

'Don't mess up my floor...' you mutter and a small smile sparks on Bucky's face now as well. A chuckle falls from his lips making you chuckle as well.

You hiss from the pain almost immediately, the wound the bullet left behind still not used to movement. You haven't exactly been happy these past few weeks, it's not used to laughter... God when did you turn into this mush of sadness.

'I wanted to apologise... what I said.. should've never even left my mouth in the first place...'

Your eyes cast to the floor. The words shouldn't have meant that much to you, especially since everyone around you used them as well. But then maybe that's why they hurt? That they came from him?

'I miss you... I miss my sister... and Morgan missed her big sister too...'

'You're just like him you know...' you mutter. 'Using Morgan to make me feel guilty...' you look at him finally.

He sees the pain your eyes hold. You've been hit the hardest with this and he feels like an absolute idiot for not coming to you sooner.

'I miss you too... and Morgan.. and Steve... of course I do but... I'm done with everything.. I don't want to have to survive again... I haven't had a chance to live ever since Natasha... I've been surviving and I am done with it...'

'You won't have to anymore... Steve and I are going to take on the business... you won't have to lift a finger unless you want to... you can just live... that's all I've wanted for you...I had this planned way ahead..'

'What?' You ask him confused.

'I knew one day it would be entrusted all on you, and how much you despised the very idea of it... so I had dad change the whole thing...'

'Bucky...' you breathe. 'Are you serious?' You wrap your arms around him. You don't care if you're drenching yourself by doing so. All you can feel is the gratitude. The weight being lifted off of your shoulders finally.

'Yes... Steve's already familiar with the flow of things.. as much as he doesn't like to admit it... but he agreed to do this as well... so that you can have the live you deserve.. maybe even together with someone... when the time is right...'

'Just like with you and Steve...' you sigh with a soft smile. 'Yeah, I uh.. got the invitation..'

'I almost thought we send it to the wrong Bella Swan house in the woods...' He jokes and you chuckle while wiping away some tears.

'I hope this means you'll be there.. can't do it if my sister ain't there...'

'Are you kidding? Yes! I'm going to be there...' you smile.

•••

(A few months later)

Tony saw you the minute you stepped onto the grass. His daughter looks beautiful as always, just like her mother did.

His heart feels heavy when he thinks about all the wrong he has done to you. All the things he said and didn't say.

As you walk closer to him, he has to swallow the lump in his throat. His children, despite what he has done, have grown into beautiful people. Sure, you're not the average family.

With a murder here and there, shootouts and loads of money being thrown around.

'Dad? You okay?' You ask him.

'Yeah..' he clears his throat. 'I'm okay sweetheart... listen I-'

You stop him by showing him the palm of your hand. 'Let's do that another time.. for today, all is forgiven... we're here for them, not for our own shit...' You take his hand.

'Y/n!' Morgan yells from a distance, you turn and smile.

She runs up to you, you're just in time to pick her up and swirl her around. 'I missed you!'

'I missed you too, sis... you look just like a princess...' You kiss her cheek. 'Did Bucky pick it out?'

'Uncle Steve helped me pick this out, together with Bucky...' you put her down and she twirls.

You're glad to see she hasn't been scorned as badly as you and Bucky. That she gets to live the life you wish for her.

'Come on! It'a starting daddy!' Morgan says, ready to take her place as flower girl. Pulling your father with her for him to take his place as well. Taking His son to the altar, who else?

'I'll see you in a second...' you kiss his cheek.

It was beautiful, the wedding. Your brother even cried and he rarely does that. You smiled the entire ceremony, you rarely smile yourself.

Your mother would've loved this.. to see Bucky end up with the love of his life. Wanda would've squealed non stop at the both of them. And even though they weren't there psychically, you know they were watching, they wouldn't have missed it for the world.

You feel a squeeze in your hand and look down to see your father holding your hand. You look up and give him a watery smile, he gives you one in return.

You haven't forgiven him fully, but you'll get there. It might take some time, to get used to this. To know what really went down all those years ago.

But it just goes to show, this family isn't one to mess with. Money has to roll, doesn't it?