MoM part 5 ❤️‍🔥 Sestra series

Song; Harry Styles - as it was.

Warnings for the series: angst, trauma, POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR MOM!, mentions of child loss.

•••

'You send them away Wanda, that wasn't so wise now, was it?' You speak up, walking from your hiding spot.

'And where were you? You could've helped me...' Wanda replies with a huff.

'What do you think happens when she sees me being there Wanda? She's going to try and fight me and well, I'd have to kill her...or she could use me, we both know how she's trained to control others...'

'I could handle her...' Wanda tells you.

'For now.. the anger will fuel her...'

You turn your head, the person staring back at you, she's different. Her whole look seems darker, more sinister then how you normally look. Then you realise...

She's your variant...

Your eyes shoot open, you sit up immediately. This isn't some random place, you're inside someone's house.. great.

Your hand shoots up to your head when you feel pain piercing through it, it's like a really bad migraine. You slowly get onto your feet.

It's a nice house, well more like a really big apartment... someone important must live here. And if they get home before you're out then they might kill you.. not that they truly could but still, you don't know with these multiverses.

You look around the house for an exit, this home is littered with pictures and drawings, little knickknacks who look like they've been made by kids.

You stop to look at one of those pictures, your eyes go wide when you recognise the people on them. It's.. you.. and Bucky... two kids in between you two. It seems like a birthday picture.

Even in this universe you're together. Even in this universe you have kids, with Bucky.

Fuck... you left Bucky in your own universe with crazy Wanda and an even crazier version of yourself. You sigh to yourself when you think about it. He's in danger and he doesn't even know it. He can handle himself though, the spell would make sure no power could harm him, no witchcraft anyway. He will be okay... he will.

The more you start looking at the frames, the more you get to know about this version of you. This version has a brighter look in the eyes, not empty like yours. She seems genuinely happy, it's kind of strange to see yourself in that way when you're not used to it.

You pick up a frame and stare at it, it's a picture taken on your anniversary. The love between you two is clear. Now that's one you recognise.

'I knew you'd show up sooner or later...'

You look up, eyes like a deer caught in headlights. You set down the picture and turn to your other self.

'Then you're prepared better than I am.. I mean no harm-'

She holds up her hand and smiles. 'I know.. I can feel you're not evil... I guess I'm just wondering what you're doing here...'

'I uh... It's a long story...do you have a minute? Or an hour?'

'Sure...' she chuckles. God she's so different from you.

'So I have to ask... because I'm curious and before I ruin the mood with the long story...'

'After escaping Hydra with Pietro and Wanda, we got into the avengers program... it pays well and together with Bucky's savings and all.. we can give our kids the life we couldn't have...' she explains. 'And god those two... do you... have any?'

The question makes you suck in a sharp breath, it stays silent for a minute until you speak. 'I almost did...' you tell her and she frowns. 'What happened?'

You explain the past few months to her, the government holding you hostage, the pregnancy that followed after the fight with the flag smashers... then finding out the baby didn't make it... which happened to be caused by your very own sister... who is now trying to kill this kid with powers to travel the multiverse to be with her own children she created out of nothing.

She listens with wide eyes as she hears your story. She figured her life was rough at times but nothing compared to yours. She does however smile when you mention your Bucky, who seems to be much like her own husband.

'I'm sorry... to hear about everything, especially Wanda's betrayal... I can't even begin to grasp what you must be feeling right now...' she sits down on one of the chairs as she gestures for you to take place on the couch.

'If I'm honest, I don't know how to feel, I can't even describe what I feel at the moment... but I have to move on for America... the kid not the country... she doesn't deserve the scarlet witch to be after her... she doesn't deserve to be killed for powers my sister wants...'

She nods at your words. Her head whips towards the door however when two small kids barge into the house with a suited up dad following them. He looks adorable holding their backpacks.

God, you should put Bucky in a suit more often now that you see this version of him.

'Mom!' They yell but halt in their steps when they see the both of you. 'Uh.. which one of you is our mom?' The boy asks.

'I'm pretty sure it's that one..' the girl points to her mother.

'You're right... I'm uh not from around here...' you speak up, suddenly feeling nervous. You watch them excitedly run to their mother, an ache forms in your chest. You won't have any of that for a while thanks to your own sister...

She stands up and lets her children hug her before they run off to their own rooms. 'They've seen weirder..' is the explanation she gives you.

'I bet they have...' you reply.

Bucky goes over to his wife and kisses her on the lips before turning to you again. 'Do I even want to know?' He questions.

'I think it's better if you don't... I know I said no more work but-' she bats her lashes at Bucky.

'Go.. You know I can't control you anyway so go...' he tells her. Maybe you do have a lot in common.

'I'll stay here with the kids..'

'Thank you...' you smiles and kisses his cheek, and then he's off as well. Leaving you two alone again.

'So what is it that we could use against her?'

'America said something about the book of Vishanti...'

'Well that's going to be a bit of a pain in the ass, but nothing we couldn't manage together...' she winks.

Perhaps you're the same after all.

'So where is it?'

'The Illuminati...'

'I'm sorry the what?'