Lucida pt. 4 ❤️‍🔥 Thor/Loki/Hela series

Song: Playboi Carti - cult classics

Warning: time jump (towards ragnarok), angst, betrayal. Infinity war, Y/n becomes quite terrifying, Character deaths (?)

•••

He betrayed her, He saw something else in another and decided to stay in Omnipotence City. He left her behind to pick up the many pieces he broke within her. She deemed then that she simply wasn't worthy of any love. Some may see it as dramatic, but for someone like her, someone who has experienced love only for them to walk away, this seemed like the perfect explanation.

Many say that it was the turning point within Y/n, the loving and kind queen died the day she confronted her past lover.

Y/n however, she sees that turning point in another event. The betrayal of her sister, where she believed for years that Hela had not done evil. The headaches were a warning, for the truth that came out after they got more intense. Hela had indeed hurt her physically, then before she got banished, she had altered Y/n's memories of it.

'You changed...' Brunnhilde speaks as she stands next to Y/n, looking at Asgard breaking apart.

'That happens to a person...'

'Still, I never would've expected you to be so violent-'

'If you wouldn't have run off like a coward, I wouldn't be this way, trust me...' the calm of her voice sends shivers through Brunnhilde.

'Coward? I watched my sisters die at the hands of yours! And you did nothing!'

'Nothing?!' Y/n slams her fist into the wall right next to the glass. 'I was dying on the bridge to the bifrost! Trying to protect Asgard like is my duty! And to top that all of I have to hear come from your mouth that I was nothing to you...some distraction! So yes, you're a coward!'

'What I said wasn't meant...' she tries to defend herself towards her ex lover.

'No, It wasn't meant for my ears to pick up on it... you were the one person keeping me sane... I fell apart... and where were you? When Frigga died, when I got blamed for her death.. where were you when my father passed? You were off drinking on Sakaar, living your best life!... I needed you.. but clearly you didn't need me...and that is fine... but do not come running back time for forgiveness because I don't have any left...'

Brunnhilde could've ran off, but something inside of her makes her pity Y/n. She does not believe her to be weak, far from it. But she sees through the thick layer Y/n has created to protect herself.

So instead of backing off, her hand goes to Y/n's cheek, evidently shocking her. 'I'm sorry... life has not been kind to you.. and I'm sorry.. for leaving... I should've been there... and I am deeply sorry for the way I've spoken about you... I was hoping if I said it enough times then I would actually believe it, which is not fair to you..' she speaks. 'I do not need your forgiveness if you do not wish to give me that...'

For a second, Brunnhilde sees a flash of the old Y/n, the one far too kind for her role in this world, far too forgiving. It's gone far too soon but she is glad to have caught a glimpse of it, which means that she is still in there.

Then Y/n does something unexpected, she is confused and angry and sad all at once, which drives her to pull Brunnhilde in for a hug.