The Kingdoms Heir (4) ❤️‍🔥 Royal!Bucky AU

Song: Maleficent ost - are you Maleficent.

Warnings; dark backstory, mentions of trauma, angst, fluff, y/n being a mom™️, James being a little shit, Y/n also being a little shit.

•••

After a couple of weeks, When night takes over the kingdom yet again, you're not soothed in the slightest by everything this obnoxious castle has to offer.

At least he gave you a decent room, his daughter didn't want to have it any other way other than for you to take the room next to hers and her fathers. Of course he was not pleased with that.

He has changed too much over the years, blinded by rage for people like you. He can't remember the way things used to be between you, you're not sure he even remembers you.

It was the perfect beginning to a story of forbidden love, but as all fairytales; there comes a moment in which the characters reach their low point. And for you and James, that low point has been dragging on for a decade at the very least.

A decade in which you thought to have found love again, only for it to burst into a thousand pieces at the hands of the man you loved most.

The loss of that child made you resent him, the feeling of betrayal and anger outweighed the love you once carried for him. And you can't let the same thing happen to Aurora. The child you've come to love as your own. Not by the same man who you once called yours.

Your hands plant themselves firmly against the stone beneath them, connecting you to the castle. You take in a breath before whispering your spell. You cast a glow around the building, shielding it from the outside, from the dangers that loom beyond the walls.

The taint of the magic moves further up your hands. It has reached the wrists now, but it's all with a good cause. At least that's what you keep telling yourself.

The door swings open not even seconds later. Angry stomps follow and come closer and closer until you're swung around by a pair of firm hands.

You get pushed against the wall, one of the hands moving to your throat to pin you. 'What did you do...' he demands.

'I'm keeping this castle secured, it won't stop him but it can buy us more time if necessary...' you push him off with a huff. 'You should be glad I am doing this for you... after what you did...'

'Forgive me for not trusting your kind...'

'Excuse me, didn't you used to love my kind?' The words sting him, he recoils like he has been slapped before recapturing himself.

'And look where it's gotten me...'

'Do not blame me for both you and your mothers mistakes... I helped your daughter escape and live.. I voluntarily brought her back.. I haven't made any attempt to harm you... does that not count for something, your majesty..' you taunt.

'I will have your head for abducting her you witch!' He yells out.

'I did not abduct her! You're just a bad parent if you ask me! How else could she be taken by those Hydra monsters?!'

'Watch your tongue woman!' He hisses.

'Or what? I am a dead woman already... you will sentence me to die when this is all over anyway, might as well tell you my opinion.. I am trying to keep that girl safe!'

'Like you'd know how to raise and protect a child..' he huffs.

'Oh you mean like I have been doing these past months when not even your oh so loyal subjects would save her?' You snap back. 'And besides, I might not have had the most time with my own child, I do know how to raise and nurture one..'