Live, Hydra, love ❤️‍🔥 Bucky/ Avengers

Song: James Newton Howard ft. Jennifer Lawrence - The Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2.

I'm not going to say anything about it. I'll give you the warnings for this chapter, and you read it. This is EliseSlagtveld4 's idea, and when she told me what she had in mind we both kept adding to it.

THIS WILL BE A SERIES!

Warnings; angst, torture (Hydra), memory wiping, confusion. Hurt/comfort, sassiness.

•••

'James!' You shriek in a whisper as he gets dragged into the cell.

He's falling in and out of consciousness, you can tell by the way his head lulls from side to side and his eyes seem to roll back every now and then until they get forced back again.

He gets thrown down onto the makeshift bed before the guards walk out and throw the iron door closed on you again.

You glare at their backs as they walk away, if only the experiments finally worked and gave you secret powers, you could just snap their necks one way or the other for hurting him like this.

You sit against the wall while helping him shuffle closer to you. His head lays down on your lap while your hand goes through his sweat slicked hair. The soft touch makes Bucky groan. After hours of torture, screaming his lungs out, your touch makes the relief take over his body.

His eyes go blurry at the sight of you above him. He can't speak, voice weak from screaming so long, but you don't have to hear him say anything. You can read him and what he wants to say.

'I'm here..' you whisper loud enough for only him to hear. 'Sleep James.. it will help your body heal..'

You continue to run your fingers through his hair. Out of habit you start humming this lullaby again. It isn't very pretty, your voice is as butchered as his, if not even worse, somehow it relaxes both of you.

In your head the words form in the voice of your mother. Before she was taken by Hydra and eventually passed due to the heavy stress, she used to play with your hair while you were shaking with exhaustion and sing the lullaby.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of green, a moon beam ray.
Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay.
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

Bucky's quickened breathing gets calmer by the second as he hears you hum. He feels his eyelids getting heavier and with a few last shakes of his body, he falls asleep. You however get left alone with your thoughts, which is never a good sign.

You don't know how long you spend with Bucky on your lap, but you might as well enjoy this peaceful moment, god kiss they don't last very long within these walls.