Lucida pt. 3 ❤️‍🔥 Thor/Loki/Hela series

Song: Trevor Morris - Judith.

Asgard is beautiful in the morning, it's almost distracting from the distraught feeling she has throughout her entire body.

The sun hasn't risen and yet the whole sky is already becoming painted in pastels. It won't take long until the sun merges from the water, that's what Frigga tells the boys. The sun goes for a swim in the evening and can hold its breath for a long time, right until morning.

She softly smiles at the fond memory. The smile never lasts however. Because her mind has a way of drifting to the nearest horror she has stored in her head.

'Hold on Hela!' Y/n yells as loud as she can over the rushing winds that are being sucked in by her banishment.

She feels Hela's fingers slip from her hand, she panics. She can't hold on much longer, injuries will only worsen but if it saves Hela from torment them she's more than willing.

She lets out an agonising scream when she feels Hela's hand slip away from her entirely. 'NO!'

Hela tries to hold onto something else but fails, Y/n watches her get dragged into the portal. It closes up behind her and all gets silent again.

She closes her eyes and sighs. She opens her eyes when she feels her hands shaking uncontrollably. Usually she would grab onto her necklace to give her comfort, but when she reaches for it now, it's an empty space around her neck.

There is another way though, she feels two arms wrap around her from behind, a kiss is placed on the side of her head and it somehow relaxes her again.

'You're up early...'

'Did I wake you?' She replies, her voice sounding scratched like sandpaper.

'No, my love... you did not... I was already awake' Gale replies with a small smile. 'You're always so concerned about others... how are you doing?'

'I am tired... he took away the last thing I had of her and has shown no remorse... if only Loki hadn't said anything-'

'He didn't know, Y/n, you cannot blame the boy...' Her hands make a fist, digging her nails in her palms. She unclenches her fists again and takes a deep breath.

'I wish I could go with you...' she speaks up suddenly, almost making Gale startle.

'You're the crown princess... he wants someone to actually take over the crown one day... someone alive..' he steps around her and cups her face.

'You and I both know that's not his true reason... he doesn't want a repeat of the last time he took a daughter with him...' she takes his hands away from her face and he sighs.

'I'd rather have you here as well.. you know how the gods can get-'

'You're just like the rest, aren't you? You think I am fragile too? Is that it?'

'You know better than anyone that I certainly do not think that of you...' He groans in frustration.

She does this a lot. She gets defensive towards the people she loves and cares about, it's a clear indication of the wall he has put up because of her sister.

'All I am referring to is that you, my love, deserve some rest... you can't tell me you have been sleeping well the past few weeks... consider this a small break... I will speak to your brothers, perhaps they can put a good word in for you..'

Y/n flinches suddenly, she grabs for her head while staggering back. Gale is beside her in an instant, holding her up. 'Y/n?'

'Perhaps a day off doesn't sound so bad...' she breathes.

'They're getting worse aren't they?'

She opens her eyes and looks up at him. She gives him a small nod while her eyes scream of worry and sadness.

'It will be okay, my love...' he kisses her forehead and she swallows the lump forming in her throat.

The healers have looked at it, even midgardian doctors had their go but to no avail. They couldn't find the source of it, it's not anything physical, and she knows that.

•••

'I have to be honest, I do prefer this over visiting Omnipotence City...' Y/n smiles as she takes a walk with Frigga.

'I'd figured as much, your father did too... besides his very.. curious.. parenting, he does know you well enough..'

'I mean, he's better than Zeus at the whole father thing... and the being faithful thing...'

She laughs at Y/n's comment. How many times Frigga had to hear Odin complain about Zeus' ways.. and Hercules being all over his eldest daughter, it had Odin on edge. It used to plague him, but now he knows his daughter is strong enough to fight off him and his children if she has to, she is a full god after all, not like her brothers whom are only half gods.

'Y/n!' A familiar voice sours her mood almost instantaneously, she doesn't mean to let it happen, but with her guard down, it's almost inevitable.

She turns and tries to act happy to see him. He knows he could at least expect that from her.

'I.. I'm sorry about what happened the other night... i tried to fix it...' Loki hands his big sister a small velvet box.

She frowns at him while Frigga gives him a small nod of approval.

Y/n opens the box and her eyes widen at the pendant resting on the silk pillow below it. It's the same necklace that Hela gifted her, but it has been made even prettier. The pieces that broke glued together with gold, just like the people of certain midgardian cultures do.

Her finger brushes over it while she takes it all in. He went out of his way to search for every piece and had it weld back together. She can't possibly stay angry at him anymore.

'I'm truly sorry..'

'It's not your fault.. so thank you, for fixing it.. I will wear it with pride..' she hands the box to Frigga before placing the necklace around her neck.

'Thank you Loki...'

For the first time in his life, she steps closer and places her arms around him. It surprises him just like it surprises his mother. She lets go after a few seconds and smiles.

'The Allfather has returned!'

Y/n turns around yet again, hoping to see her beloved walking with her father and other brother. He's not there, and judging by the looks on the faces of her father and sibling, it not the news she wants to hear.