Never Again (II) ❤️‍🔥 CEO!Steve Rogers

Song: The neighborhood - honest.

Steve's assistant shakes with every step she takes towards his office. She usually isn't that intimidated by the man but when she comes bearing news that's this bad, she can't help but wobble a little on her feet out of nervousness.

'Mister Rogers?' She taps the glass door a few times to alert him of her presence.

'Oh hello...' Bucky smirks at the girl and she rolls her eyes at him .

'We should really have a talk about work ethics..' she sighs before giving her attention back to Steve.

'Mister Rogers... I think there's no easy way to say this...' she audibly gulps down the lump in her throat before continuing. 'Uhm you see... uh..' she stutters.

Steve sighs as he signals for her to continue. 'Just spit it out, Peggy..'

'Y/n Y/l/n just bought all of our shares... which makes her officially powerful enough to throw you out as the CEO...'

Steve feels like the rug is being pulled from underneath his feet. He falls back into his chair. This was what he was trying to avoid. It dawns on him however that with the plan he executed almost perfectly, he never thought about what you would do once things would be broken off or in this case, once you found out about the plan.

'I told you that girl was nothing but trouble..' Bucky mutters.

It stays silent for a while, Steve just sits in his office chair, dumbstruck by your actions, he had it coming he just knew, but he didn't expect you to actually do it.

'I'm gonna give her a visit...' Steve leaps from his chair and grabs his coat on the way out.

'I don't think it's wise-' his assistant tries to stop him but he ignores her. 'Mister Rogers-'

Again he ignores her, Bucky sighs. He already figured that you'd get angry, he hears everything people say about you, you're not one to mess with.

•••

That mood you inflicted on yourself after the whole hostile takeover, is gone now. As it turned out, getting over him is more difficult than you made it out to be. Wanda can see right through that.

'How have you been feeling?' Wanda asks as she sits down on your desk. You sigh because you can't give her the answer she hopes to get out of you.

Your trust got broken again, your heart got smudged again. And the worst part of it all is that Steve knew how those other guys fucked you up in the past, and he still went through with it.

You don't really intend to ruin him or his company, you never did. You never thrive on killing other peoples dreams, especially since everyone tried to do the same, but you do want to teach that bastard a lesson.

'I'm fine...' you reply to her question at last. She gives you a small frown, apologetic look in her eyes.

'No, you're not'

'Then why do you even ask?' You snap back at her, she doesn't take it personally, you can tell by the way she tilts her head. 'Sorry I...'

'It's okay.. look I completely misread him as well..'

'I'm done with men... I don't want to even get back to dating anymore.. why should i?! Every man I date turns out to betray me in one way or the other...'

'Hey.. hey... it's normal that you try to blame yourself but you shouldn't... they chose to stab you in the back.. you didn't make them, they were the bad guys.. not you...'

'I don't even know how he even got the idea that I wanted to take over his company? I mean I have my hands full with this one...' you fall back in your office chair.

'Well you kind of did just now- the takeover I mean...'

'Yes, but that's after he betrayed me.. I really thought he was fucking different... but turns out he's just like everyone else...' You lean back in your office chair.

'Mister Rogers you can't just go in there-' Sharon rushes after the man of the hour as he completely ignores her and walks into your office anyway.

'You have some nerve showing up here and-'

'Wanda..' your voice comes out surprisingly calm for your state of mind. 'I'll be fine... just go...'

'Okay.. but if he tries something-'

'You'll get the first hit...trust me...'

Wanda closes the door behind her, it gets awfully silent then, you're trying your absolute best to keep your composure.

'There was still some stuff at my place so I thought I'd drop it off here..'

'Don't need it back... do whatever you want with it...' you brush him off easily, still in control of your emotions, knowing that it won't be for long.

'Like what?'

'I don't know, why don't you ask Natasha? Since she knows everything so fucking well... what ? did you honestly think that I wouldn't find out she's behind this whole Shitshow?!' You raise your voice at him, and it turns him angry within seconds.

'She was right in the end though! Wasn't she!' He yells back even louder, the vein in his neck almost popping.

'Only because YOU betrayed ME first! I wasn't planning anything Steve! But you figured, after everything I've told you about all those other men, that it would be okay to do this shit?!' You shoot out of your chair and stand in front of him, looking right up at him.

That shuts him up, you're right about that. He knows he this whole plan was designed to be an asshole move. And he shouldn't have kept this going for so long but somehow he just couldn't let go off you. That's coming to bite him in the ass even more now.

'I'm not going to ban you from your own company, I don't want anything to do with it, consider that me being reasonable...' you step back.

'Why?' He frowns. 'Why do the whole takeover but not want anything to do with it?' 

'I don't know! Because I'm an idiot apparently! And maybe that's just who I am... not what Natasha makes me out to be...'

'Did something happen between you?'

'Fucking- why do you ask that now?!' You tell it of frustration. 'Of course something happened! She has been determined to break me down in so many ways! You're fucking dense if you don't realize that... and maybe this time she succeeded, so go tell her that before you go down to kiss her heels over and over again...'

Steve's brain short-circuits at your words. He didn't think Natasha could have some other motive behind it other than warning him. The guilt becomes more and more by the second. He really screwed up big time.

'Did you at least care for me for a second those entire three months?'

Yes! of course I did... I lied to Bucky because I've been lying to myself...'

'Fuck you, honestly Steve...do you really think I will fall for this again?' you sigh as you sit back in your office chair again. 'Get out of my office...'

'I'm telling you the truth...'

'Oh yeah sure... I know better than that... at least now I do...hope it was worth it...'