Uncle Sammy's got my back ❤️‍🔥 Steve/Sam (request)

Song: Imagine Dragons - west coast.

Imagine; you're Steve daughter and Sam is set to watch you for the day, but can he ever say no to his niece?

•••

'Uncle Sam...' you drawl as you droop yourself over the couch, right next to where he's sitting.

'Y/nnnn...' he drawls back at you with a soft smile.

When Steve told Sam he was having a little girl he wasn't so sure he would be the best uncle. Even he has his self doubt sometimes. That vanished however when he laid eyes on you for the fist time, you had him wrapped around your finger, he just didn't realise back then how much.

'So... I know you're supposed to watch me... but I'm pretty grown.. my friends are going to the mall... and I was thinking... maybe you'll.. let me... join them... and I'll give you my location... so you'll know where I am at at all times, I will wear the bracelet you gave me for emergencies, if I'm in trouble I'll tap two times..' you tell him with a hopeful look.

'You know what your dad will say if when he finds out...'

'No no... "if"... uncle Sammy... "if".. come on please...' you beg, you slide down the couch until you're sitting next to him.

'My friends always go without me... for once Uncle Sam, I wanna be a normal kid...'

Okay maybe this isn't the most moral way to ask for something like this, but it's one way to get what you want.

'Your father will kill me...'

'Who? Captain America? America's sweetheart? Golden boy?'

'Hey that's your dad you're talking about... and besides, he's way scarier than he looks, you don't know half of the things we did... your dad ain't the goody two shoes he seems to be.. just saying...'

'Pleaaaaaaase Uncle Sam!' You whine. 'Pleaaaaase...'

You keep repeating it until he's literally begging you to stop with a loud laugh.

'Fine... you can go... but make sure you do everything you told me just now, and include being home in time... this will be our little secret.. okay?' Sam finally caves and you end up doing a little victory dance.

'Thank you thank you thank you!' You jump up and down before rushing to gather your things.

Jup, he's hooked right around that teenage finger of yours.

•••

You've been gone for a couple hours, keeping your promise and sending him some pictures of you and your friends having fun.

He likes to see you smile, likes to give you the normal childhood Steve sometimes holds you back from because of your... strength and other enhanced senses. And if that means getting called out by Steve and getting yelled at if he finds out, then Sam is more than happy to give you moments like these.

He however can't deny that when he hears the untimely clicking of the front door, there's cold sweat spreading over his body. As well as the anxiety of Steve finding out Sam let his precious daughter go out to the mall with W small group of friends with little to no supervision.

Yeah, he's going to die.

'Hey Sam..' Steve smiles as he walks in, he drops his duffel bag on the couch.

'Hey man... how was the mission?' Dan nervously answers.

'Boring, turned out it wasn't an old Hydra base, it was just a factory... it was abandoned... I did bring back something for Y/n... which leaves me to wonder, where is she?'

'Uhm-'

'Usually she's the first one to greet me when I'm back..' Steve frowns. 'Sam... where is she?'

Sam clearly needs work on his poker face.

'Uhm.. I uhm... she's uhm...' Sam stammers.

'Sam where is my daughter?'

'Okay look, she's safe-' Sam starts.

'That doesn't reassure me Sam..'

'Okay look...' he sighs. 'Y/n wanted to go the mall with some friends... she's got her bracelet on, and I can check where she is at all times... she's safe..'

'I told you not to let her go!' Steve angrily snaps. His usual calm demeanour replaced with one of worry and panic.

'She's on her way back Steve... come on she deserves this... and this is kind of your own fault because you know I can't say no to my niece!'

'My fault?! Sam I picked you to be her godfather for a reason!'

'And I'm telling you, that me watching her is a bad idea if she really wants to go out! Let her have her fun man..' Sam sighs.

The door clicks again, signalling your arrival. It gets dead silent all of the sudden. 'Uncle Sam?'

'In here...' he answers.

As you walk around the corner, you spot Steve's duffel bag on the couch. 'Damn..' you sigh.

'Yes exactly... what the hell were you thinking..and don't you dare use Uncle Sam as the excuse young lady...'

'I just wanted to have some fun dad.. and Uncle Sam had nothing to do with it... it's not fair of me to ask him when you already told me no...' you immediately look down to the floor. 'I won't do it again...'

It stays silent, you know you were wrong but, you had so much fun and Uncle Sam could've saved you if something went wrong.

'Did you have fun?' Steve asks suddenly making you look up with a frown.

'What?'

'Did you have fun?' He asks again, nonchalantly.

'Uhm yeah... yeah... I had fun...'

'I'll let you off the hook this time because I'm tired and well, your uncle was right, you deserved some fun... but don't do it again...'

'I won't...' you give him a small smile which he returns. 'Now get your butt over here...' he opens his arm and you give him a side hug.

'But for the record... you shouldn't do this to your uncle because I was a couple seconds away from getting really angry with him...'

'Next time, get angry at me first...Uncle Sam is just trying his best...'

'Oh so that's how it's gonna be?' Sam raises his eyebrows making you chuckle.

'That's how it's gonna be...'