Life-stealer ❤️‍🔥 College Avengers AU

Song: Eyedress - jealous.

Imagine; you had a best friend and she believes you stole her boyfriend a while ago, then she gets transferred to your school and is set on making your life a living hell.

Nora is the name of your (ex) best friend in this, if that's your name, put another in there! This is just easier for me to write!

SERIES WARNING: This is angsty, like a lot of drama, drinking, overall sadness (depression?). Mentions of sexual assault. Mentions of smut but no actual smut because.. it me...

A little disclaimer, here in the Netherlands, college is a whole different thing here, like we don't really do dorms, we usually still live at home and stuff, so if I have any errors that's why!

•••

'I am so glad that you go to my school now...' you sigh as you look at Nora on your screen.

You're laying comfortably on your bed. Propped up on your elbows with your laptop in front of you. Steve is sitting at your desk, drawing his heart out while eavesdropping on your conversation with Nora.

'I know right? Best friends back together!' She cheers and you laugh, you glance behind you to see Steve pulling a weird face.

'You do know I'm still here right?'

'Yes baby I know.. so shh, I'm trying to have a conversation with my bestie okay?' You giggle, lightly pushing your foot against his.

He looks up from his drawing and you smirk at him before sending him a wink. He smirks back and copies your wink flawlessly.

'Ugh you guys are adorable! I will talk to you later, I don't want to ruin the time you have together.. I know Steve a busy guy..' Nora chuckles.

'If with "busy" you mean keeping your bestie here in check them you're right...' Steve rises from the chair and stalks over to you.

He climbs on top of you, straddling your back and putting his hands on your shoulders, he leans forward and kisses your neck.

'Steve come on! I haven't logged off yet!' You squeal. Noras laugh echoes through the speakers.

'I'll see you tomorrow!'

'Bye Nora!' Steve chuckles before pressing the "leave" button in the corner of the screen. He closes your laptop and carefully throws it on the chair next to your bed.

'Steve!' You gasp, turning around in his grip while glancing at the laptop. 'You just hung up on her!'

'Aww, let me make it up to you baby..' he leans forward, connecting his lips with yours. 'Oh I'm fine with that...' you chuckle, pulling him down to further deepen the kiss.

Nora on the other hand, stares at the blank screen in front of her. She felt the jealousy run through her veins as she watched you and Steve interact.

How come you have everything! It should've been her! Having the good kids you're currently enjoying. A hot boyfriend, a tight friend group, a happy life!

But instead she's sitting here, all alone and seeking revenge for what you did to her. She couldn't care less about how nice you acted for the past weeks, you had ruined her life in high school and now she is determined to ruin yours.

You felt Nora was a little off, you didn't want to believe it at first, you two were really good friends until the whole John Walker incident. So you had a long talk about the incident on the first day of school, she doesn't know every detail of your side of the story, she doesn't have to, you pushed John off and he was a dick about it, basically destroying your friendship.

She said everything was in the past, and you stupidly believed it. Little did you know what she had in store for you. Little did you know...

•••

Steve was supposed to pick you up 15 minutes ago, which makes you frown because he is never, ever, late to things like this. But you brush it off, he must've had a good reason. So you just ended walking to the coffee shop you always meet your friends at.

To your surprise they're already there, all of them. They're gathered around Nora which makes you worried in an instant. She was over yesterday evening and everything seemed fine.

You rush in making everyone turn to you with a sour look, Nora is in tears, her phone in her hand. 'Nora.. what's going on?'

'You tell us Y/n...' Steve crosses his arms over his chest.

'What do you mean?' You frown. 'I just got here...'

'I thought you were my friend...' Nora croaks as her head lifts up.

'I am...' you reply still confused. 'What's going on Nora? Everything seemed fine yesterday-'

'Yeah it all was fine yesterday!' She snaps, she stands up and shoves the phone in your face. 'Until I woke up this morning and saw this picture! The nude... It was send to everyone! By you!'

Your heart sinks. You didn't send that to everyone else. You would never ever do such a thing, sure you've been bitchy in the past but you wouldn't ever do such a thing to anyone else.

'I didn't-' you try to protest.

'You were the only one who had that picture besides me, Y/n...' Nora croaks.

'I swear to you Nora.. I would never do that! I swear I would never do that to anyone let alone my best friend I-'

'We're clearly not friends... stop the act Y/n... I should've expected the famous boyfriend stealer to do this as well... I trusted you...'

'I didn't steal your boyfriend, that was two years ago and you still don't believe me... And someone else is framing me for this...' you explain.

You look around the group, to your brother who is supposed to know you best, then to Steve who is supposed to know you even better, but all seem to share the same delusional idea as Nora.

That you somehow send it to everyone, between being with her all night and going to bed, like you wanted to be evil and end her life.

'You all know I would never do something like this right?.... Right?' You scoff.

'I'm not so sure if that anymore...' Steve replies coldly.

'This is just low... even for you...' Bucky speaks up.

'Wow... even for me huh... you know what's low? None of you even question a single thing, you're already pointing at me while I had nothing to do with this...even my own fucking brother doesn't question a thing..' You shake your head, tears already gather in your eyes.

And to top it all of, the best thing that ever happened to you, says that you're over. He doesn't date girls that to this kind of shit. That does it for you.

'You know, I thought we were past everything Nora, I'm your friend! I wouldn't do such a shitty thing!...' you snap at her before turning your back to them, physically and emotionally.

You rush out of that coffee place, hoping that they will realise what just happened, that they'll realise they made a mistake. You hope for that deep down, while Nora knows she effectively messed up everything for you.

But whoever said it stops here?