Daylight Burns pt.4 ❤️‍🔥 Bucky (🥀)

Song: Lana Del Rey - cinnamon girl.

Imagine; Bucky had this odd feeling in his stomach when he got up for work this morning. He saw you laying there peacefully, but something was off.

Warnings: angst, mentions of the bite, mentions of assault. Nightmares (actually daymares), Origin story.

•••

'Someone help me!'
You can still hear your voice scream for help, how your body ached and how your senses were heightened. You were so hungry. You wanted only one thing.

You sigh as you stare out of the window. It has been a dreadful day for the people of New York, the weather unbelievably dull and above all, sunless. The rain poured right from the sky like the people above are having a water balloon fight.

Your energy has been sucked out of you, your day becoming gradually worse. At least you get some joy out of watching the New Yorkers run around like mouses because of the rain, but that's about it tonight.

You have to have these days once in a while, the ones where you have a nightmare and it drains you for a day or two.

Just remembering that night is enough to scare off any sleep. You're lucky it doesn't translate in you recoiling from Bucky, because it might as well could've caused that.

You dread telling Bucky about that night though, you don't want to burden him with your troubles, it also happened like 400 years ago so why would it still matter to you?

Well it does, but in a couple days you'll feel better and everything will be back to normal, so why even tell him?

You sigh again upon hearing his footsteps in the stairwell up to your apartment, another thing you were "gifted". He can never surprise you, you can tell everything before it happens.

His footsteps follow through the hallway and stops in front of the door. His keys jingle as he takes them out of his pocket and he shoves the keys in the lock.

'Baby? You home?' He walks through and closes the door behind him again.

You don't reply, you can't even muster up the energy. So when he walks in and sees you sitting in the window he frowns. The tired look on your face tells him enough about how you're feeling.

'Hey.. what's going on?' He sits down opposite of you.

You try to tell him that you're fine, that nothing is wrong, but you don't even come that far before tears fall over your cheeks.

'Oh baby..' he sighs as he gets up and moves to hug you. 'It's okay... cry it out..'

'I don't want to...' you hiccup.

'Its the day you changed... isn't it?' He asks making you look up at him with tears still spilling over.

You give him a short nod. 'You wanna talk about it?'

You shake your head. 'No...not yet...' you take a deep breath before wiping your tears. 'How was your evening?'

He knows he could try and pull it out of you, he's not that cruel though. He understands more than anyone how frustrating it is having to out yourself while you don't feel like it.