Lady Justice is blind ❤️‍🔥 Steve Rogers

Song: Nicolas Britell - Agape.

Imagine: You're like Daredevil and yes I completely got this idea from the movie. It's fluffy, it's angsty, it has violence, its amazing.

Warnings; fluff, a little angst, fluff.

•••

The first time Steve saw you, he was enticed by your fighting skills. You were fast, calm and collected, it was like you were dancing with your opponent. He watched the screen with admiration. A woman like you would be a fine edition to the team.

So that's what he told Fury, who happily agreed to make you an avenger. When he told Steve about your condition, Steve didn't see any problem with it, you seemed to be moving fine.

And now, two years later, you're doing better than fine, you're probably even more skilled than Natasha. Which is quite the achievement considering that you don't have any eyesight to go on. Well, physically you're doing fine.

Mentally you've been struggling quite a bit, you and Steve have been a thing for a couple of weeks now but you're struggling with not being able to see him. You're struggling with only hearing his heartbeat, his steady breaths but not being able to see his face.

And then there's the other thing that you've told nobody on the team. The reason that you're now without sight, remains a great mystery to them.

It's not completely true that your blind. You can see vibrations, if someone was to tap a stick against the ground, the soundwaves would bounce off of your surroundings, then you can see the lines. That's how you move around so smoothly.

'Y/n... what are you doing up so late?'

You startle and immediately look around you, searching for the source of his voice. Steve moves through the room while tapping various surfaces to make you see where he is headed to reach you, his hand taking yours in his as he sits down next to you.

'What's going on?'

'Does it bother you... that i can't see?' You ask, voice soft and almost careful.

'No, of course not why would it.... Does it bother you?' He replies almost faster than the speed of light.

'It hasn't in the past but now... I guess yeah, it does bother me...I mean, I don't even know what I look like really, I can't even see who I am dating and that's not important but-'

'I get it... I have the privilege of seeing the most beautiful girl on the planet everyday.. I'd hate to not be able to do that...I never noticed it bothering you though...'

'It didn't before but... I don't know...' You sigh.

Steve's heart aches in his chest when he sees you being this sad about something. He doesn't even know how to make this better, what techniques are there for these type of things?

He saw that 3D ultrasound once for a blind woman who was pregnant... but you're not pregnant and this isn't about a baby.

Having a baby with you, god that would be amazing- Steve focus!

You did tell him something about the rain, how every time it rains you can see the entire city. Perhaps it works on people too?

His face turns to the window so fast you get startled from the motion. 'What's going on?' You ask him.

'Nothing.. do you trust me?'

'Uh, pretty hard not to when I literally can't see mister Rogers...' you roll your eyes and he chuckles.

'I have this theory and I want to test this out...' he pulls you with him by the hand. His fast heartbeat lets you know he is excited about something.

'Steve...' you warn him as you almost get dragged into a wall. 'Sorry..' he mutters as he opens the door to the balcony. Or at least that's what you guess when you hear the rain thumping on the railing, the wind breezing past you.

'Okay... I have this theory...' he begins but your gasp when you look at him only confirms his suspicions.

Your smile grows as your hands reach towards his face. It's like you can see every outline, it's like you can truly see him. Your fingers move over his face gently, like it's the first time you do it.

He shivers from your touch, he may be a super soldier but that also made him sensitive to a lot of things, and you can't help but chuckle at it.

'Oh so you find it funny huh? You know what I find funny?' He muses as he closes his eyes.

'What?'

'That I can make you speechless with something else-'

'Steve Grant Rogers! You dirty grandpa!' You smack him in the chest making him laugh.

His arm makes it around your waist pulling you closer. 'Do you feel better now?'

'Lots...seems like there is something up there after all...' you tap the side of his head and he chuckles. 'Yeah well... you can't always be right..'

'Seems unlikely but okay...but all jokes aside.. thank you... for reminding me...'

'Let make a promise then... every time it rains you can drag me out or I can drag you out..'

'Hmm, we're lucky to have fast metabolism then because else we will catch hypothermia...'

'I don't know about you but if this it the reason then I guess I will bare it.. for you..'

Your hand goes up to his cheek only to travel to the nape of his neck to pull him in closer. You push yourself to your tippy toes and brush your lips against his. He spends no time connecting his lips to yours.

"Love looks not with the eyes"
- William Shakespeare