The Kingdoms Heir (5) ❤️‍🔥 Royal!Bucky AU

Song; 2WEI - kill the crown.

Warnings: angst, fluff, Zemo, the big show down is coming.

•••

'Hello my sweet, have you missed me?' He stands there all smug and with arms drawn wide open as if he's the friendliest man in the world.

'Can't say I have..'

'Celia?' James asks again and she turns her head. 'Hello James...' she steps away from Zemo and towards him but he recoils from her and instead moves over to his daughter. 'I'm so happy to be back finally-'

'What are you doing with him?' He interrupts her almost immediately.

'I could ask you the same thing about her, don't tell my my spell wore off...' she says making both of you frown. 'What?'

Her face pales at your confused looks, it's like she just spit out a secret she wasn't supposed to reveal just yet. 'What spell?' James asks tilting his head.

'I knew it... I knew he didn't just forget me...' you shake your head with a small smirk, nothing about this is funny, but you can't believe you didn't think about that yourself.

'You are unbelievably dumb...' Zemo sighs behind Celia making her scoff and turn around to look at him. 'You tell the woman you love that?'

You usher Aurora to stand behind you and so she does, unnoticed. It gives Natasha more room to fight and you have your flower secured behind her human shield, you would give your life for that child.

As Zemo and Celia bicker about love and all that, you look at James. He seems so puzzled and confused, you understand that. His wife who ran off when his daughter was just a baby, suddenly stands here, declaring her love for Zemo. Emotions must fight over one another to take hold but none can grasp his being properly.

'James...' you take his hand in yours. 'Trust me I know this is a lot...'

He seems to hear you by the nod he gives you, but his eyes stay on Celia and Zemo. 'James, you have your daughter, forget about her... you have to help me keep her safe...snap out of this...' you squeeze his hand and he finally looks at you.

'Yeah, yeah okay...' he nods. 'Natasha! Round every guard you can find, we need to keep them in as to not destroy the whole kingdom...' he commands, a small smile makes it on your face when you hear him spring into action like that. Aurora seems to be a great motivator for the both of you.

His command seems to pull Zemo and Celia out of their bickering. 'You've been hiding your little project from me...' Zemo walks closer to you, attempting to grasp the child.

'Project? You dare call this child a project?'

'Well it seems like you've projected the loss of your child onto her...' he replies, your heart clenches painfully in your chest at his words.

'Our child... and no, I'm not projecting Yelena onto Aurora... I'm just protecting this child from the same fate...' you push her towards James who catches her. 'Go! I'll handle them...' you tell Bucky and he nods.

'Handle us? Oh my sweet...' his hand reaches out to touch your cheek. His finger swiping across your jaw. It used to be this loving gesture, but it's turned bitter almost.

'You will have to use dark magic for that..' his free hand lifts yours up. 'And judging by your lovely hands... you don't have much left before it takes hold of you...'

You pull your hand back making him scoff. 'Defiant.. as ever, I have always hated that about you...'

'Arrogant... as ever..' your magic creeps up his feet, hands grasping at the leather, attempting to pull him down.

'Nice trick...'

Meanwhile Bucky and Aurora are rushing down the hallway.

'Father! We have to help Y/n!' Aurora protests as he picks her up and starts running while carrying her, he meets Natasha and Samuel in the hallway. Aurora is about to protest again when a loud noise cuts her off.

Celia bursts through the wall, ending up on the ground with a painful whine. She stands up only for her to get pulled right into the marble floor up to her waist. She desperately tries to get out and for a moment, Bucky watches her.

'I think Y/n will manage..' he breathes.

'James! Please help me!' She reaches out for him and he almost wants to go when Natasha spear stops him from moving any further.

'Remember, your grace, she left you and Aurora to conspire with Zemo...the woman you loved is not there anymore...'

'James please! She is insane, she will kill me!' Celia yells.

'Your majesty...' Natasha pleads. 'You're right... the old Celia wouldn't have done this...'

'I will have your heads for this!' Celia claws at the ground, her eyes are changing slowly. They become more evil and it urges Bucky to turn Aurora around to face her away from the horror.

'We have to go... '

Loud laughter echoes through the castle and it sends chills through your body. 'Give it up... you won't defeat me... and you are dead anyway, the king will not let you live... Celia will make sure of that...'

'Then you know, I have nothing left to lose but my life...' You charge up your magic but this time around, it isn't it's usual colour, it's dark.

'Dangerous game you are playing...' he muses as he steps closer, it only makes you power up more and more. 'You will never win it from me, give it up...'

'Never...'